• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Treasures.....

Zancat

Local time
7:56 PM
Reaction score
Got some cool stuff back from the guy that used to work for me.... He does great detail painting, helmets, signs, etc.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 356
Looks good, does he do this on the side or just as a favor ?

Before & after pics would be good. I don't mean to sound like a dick, but the pics look like he just painted stuff with silver paint and then used black and/or red highlights.

Before & after pics would be good. I don't mean to sound like a dick, but the pics look like he just painted stuff with silver paint and then used black and/or red highlights.

They were all just chrome, we had them re-plated. He repainted the highlights / outsides, etc. But if I'd have done it it it would have looked like a little kid did it. ;-)

They look great. The hood scoop bezels need to have black on the inside verticle piece, and flat silver on the roof of the inside to prevent reflections. Just a little detail they had from the factory. They really look great though.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have any pics of the whole car, love to see them.

They look great. The hood scoop bezels need to have black on the inside verticle piece, and flat silver on the roof of the inside to prevent reflections. Just a little detail they had from the factory. They really look great though.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have any pics of the whole car, love to see them.

Thanks for the info! When I took it apart, the hood scoop bezels were painted red on the inside with a 3/8 band of chrome exposed. We tried to copy that with the black. I guess maybe they weren't that way from the factory.... Oh well. :)

Not a super recent pic, has black vinyl top, some trim, back window in now.

Z

Attachments

• GTX oct2012.jpg
    GTX oct2012.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 236
Looks great, what color is it?

Thanks for the info! When I took it apart, the hood scoop bezels were painted red on the inside with a 3/8 band of chrome exposed. We tried to copy that with the black. I guess maybe they weren't that way from the factory.... Oh well. :)

Not a super recent pic, has black vinyl top, some trim, back window in now.

Z

gorgeous color!! lays great on that body!!!

Thanks all. Wife picked the color (it's her car, used to be her mom's car). I'm just the project manager. :)

Zancat

That's cool, was her mom the origional owner?

That's cool, was her mom the origional owner?

No, more like 2.5..... Her brother was a tech at Chrysler dealership, and the original owner brought it in with a bad tranny. He bought it from owner 1, and his sister (wife's mom) ended up with it shortly after (mid 70's). She absolutely loved this car. She passed in '09 and we picked the car up in '11.

Z

Sorry about your wife's mom. That's going to be a good looking car when finished. your wife picked a great color. Wouldn't be surprised when you get her back on the road that your wife's mom will be riding along.

Auto Transport Service
Back