• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trunk Lid Spring Question

Virg464

Local time
11:21 AM
Reaction score
Question for the trunk lid torsion spring experts (or anyone who knows). I picked up a set of springs that were suppose to have come from a 67 or 68 b-body (don't remember which). I thought, and that might be the problem, that they would work in my 66 coronet. So, I got around to figuring out exactly how they install and what might be the best approach, and it looks like they are too short. So here's a few pics, can someone confirm for me that they are not the right springs for a 66 coronet (maybe a-body?), or that I'm way off base with the install position. They appear to be about 1 1/2" to short to make it from one hinge plate to the other. Thanks.

Tor Sprg 01.jpg

Tor Sprg 02.jpg

Tor Sprg 03.jpg

My stupid comp....trying to select the bucket of popcorn lol.

I would certainly think any 66 AND 67 Dodge and Plymouth "B" would be identical... I have a `66 here...I'll go look and maybe a pic. Also, I THINK I have a `67 spring loose out of the car...

My stupid comp....trying to select the bucket of popcorn lol.

I would certainly think any 66 AND 67 Dodge and Plymouth "B" would be identical... I have a `66 here...I'll go look and maybe a pic. Also, I THINK I have a `67 spring loose out of the car...
If you do have a spring out of the car, would you mind measuring it for me? I'm pretty sure the springs I have are too short and must be for another application, A-Body I assume.

I couldn't seem to lay my hands on the `67 ones I have out of the car. I looked at the `66....plymouth belvy.. I got 44" cc to the hinge plates, and the rods are 47" or so, depending on just how you measure them. HTH, Lefty71

I couldn't seem to lay my hands on the `67 ones I have out of the car. I looked at the `66....plymouth belvy.. I got 44" cc to the hinge plates, and the rods are 47" or so, depending on just how you measure them. HTH, Lefty71
That sounds about right. I measured from hinge plate to hinge plate in my coronet and got approx 44", so I was guessing that the spring should be around 46" long. Thanks.

If you do happen to find the springs that out of the car and are interested in selling them, please let me know.

Auto Transport Service
Back