• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TTI Headers

64Orange

Local time
3:40 PM
Reaction score
Hey FBBO!
I just picked up some used TTI headers for a great price but I think I got the wrong ones. When talking with the guy in person we looked at the TTI website and it looked like I was good.
But when I got home I saw ‘383 183’ stamped on the headers. A quick check to TTI’s website says the headers are good for 66-72 B bodies.
I wanted to ask the community if it’s possible to fit these on a ‘64 Sport Fury.
Thanks in advance

Best bet is to call TTI on Monday. From what I’ve read there is a definite difference in headers for early b bodies. TTI is a very good company. I think if they don’t list the specific year under that part number it probably won’t work.

The right side header will have one tube that will interfere with the steering. IIRC ruffcut

I put a set of the big 2 1/8 for raised port RB, on a stock head RB in my 64. Didn't touch a thing. Manual steering.
They were originally for a challenger.
But yours are different headers

Best bet is to call TTI on Monday. From what I’ve read there is a definite difference in headers for early b bodies. TTI is a very good company. I think if they don’t list the specific year under that part number it probably won’t work.
That’s a good plan. I’ll give them a call on Monday. And you’re probably right about what’s listed

The engine is a further forward in 62 to 65.
The late model 66 upto 72 K member would fit and move
engine back if needed.

The engine is a further forward in 62 to 65.
The late model 66 upto 72 K member would fit and move
engine back if needed.
That's interesting but it sounds like I'll get myself into trouble if I start changing things.

That's interesting but it sounds like I'll get myself into trouble if I start changing things.
On the bright side you should be able to resell without much trouble.

I’m just gonna run the cast iron stret street wedge exhaust manifolds on my 65 383. But headers sound so damn good…

for what it's worth i have 2" tti's on the 440 in my '65 coronet. fit like a glove!

for what it's worth i have 2" tti's on the 440 in my '65 coronet. fit like a glove!
That really interesting. How do you measure if it's 1 7/8" or 2"? When I used my tape measure against one of the tubes this morning it was 2" in length but I didn't think anything of it since I was more focused on the stamping

unless something has changed at tti the 1 7/8" header won't fit an early b-body. the 1 3/4" tube is the easiest solution. i have 2" with 3" exhaust and everything fits very good but 1 3/4" with 2 1/2" exhaust wouldn't have been a bad choice for what i was doing.

I got a hold of TTi this morning as per your recommendation. I did in fact get headers that wouldn't fit 62-65 B Body however I can change the K frame to 66 and later then they will fit. I got the headers for a good price so I am considering the later K frame. I already have the steering and front suspension disassembled so I got that going for me.

I got a hold of TTi this morning as per your recommendation. I did in fact get headers that wouldn't fit 62-65 B Body however I can change the K frame to 66 and later then they will fit. I got the headers for a good price so I am considering the later K frame. I already have the steering and front suspension disassembled so I got that going for me.
you might get into transmission/floor pan interference with the later k-member. i know 2 people who did. the trans tunnel in my '65 coronet does seem to be lower than my '69 coronet. if you do the math on the swap there's very little to be had by moving the engine 1 1/2".

you might get into transmission/floor pan interference with the later k-member. i know 2 people who did. the trans tunnel in my '65 coronet does seem to be lower than my '69 coronet. if you do the math on the swap there's very little to be had by moving the engine 1 1/2".
You beat me by a few moments. I started thinking that if the engine is moved back what consequence will that have on the transmission, crossmember, driveshaft etc.

You beat me by a few moments. I started thinking that if the engine is moved back what consequence will that have on the transmission, crossmember, driveshaft etc.
headache wise it's easier to sell what you have and get the correct headers. of course if you need new floor pans maybe it doesn't make a difference. from what i've seen the later k-member isn't worth the hassle.

headache wise it's easier to sell what you have and get the correct headers. of course if you need new floor pans maybe it doesn't make a difference. from what i've seen the later k-member isn't worth the hassle.
I agree. Better to do it right the first time

Sounds like a plan. Always need to adapt with these mopars. You’ll also get a bit better weight transfer by pushing engine back. Have fun and keep us posted.

Auto Transport Service
Back