• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

unibody VIN stamp locations

YY1

Local time
7:10 PM
Reaction score
I know this is the three dozenth time this has been asked, but the search feature isn't returning anything good...

I have an interested party in my 73, knowing that it needs cowl work.

I just realized that the dash I have is from a different car (74), although I have the title, VIN tag, and the fender tag (mounted to the obviously 1973 unibody).

I just want to make absolutely sure the body matches the title.

I looked on the core support and trunk weatherstrip and couldn't find anything except a "W23" almost dead center on the trunk rail.

My 66 has the VON clearly stamped on the driver side center of top of core support.

Where are they??

Thanks much.

The last part of the vin will be on the drivers side cowl.Sometimes you have to pull the radiator loose to see the vin.

The radiator is not on the cowl!!!

I have the windshield out.

Any other suggestions?

Pics?

Its in both places, cowl and radiator support.

Sorry just realized you were referring to Charger, not Roadrunner, so I don't know then!

73 B body should be the same, eh?

Can you be more specific?

I've been wire brushing for hours and don't see anything.

Here is the cowl and upper radiator support numbers on my 71. Should be the same on your 73.
On the cowl is it under the hood seal on the top plate that is welded on top of the cowl. Stupid place. 10 easy to get to spot welds and its off, or back on.

Attachments

• DCP_0001.jpg
    DCP_0001.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 276
  • DCP_0002.jpg
    DCP_0002.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 255
There should be a # on the radiator support and a # on the cowl,you may have to remove some paint.Post #3 radiator not on the cowl??? What is this suppose to mean?On my car I looked several times on the cowl before I found it.I had to lay on the fender and look at the cowl with a bright flash light, and even then it was very hard to see once I found it.

You said "it's on the cowl, sometimes you have to pull the rdiator".

Can you be more specific as in where on the cowl or radiator?

I've wire brushed almost the entire top of the rad support.

The windshield is out and so is the rad.

It might not sound like it, but I appreciate your help!

The number on my 66 was so deep I think I could read it from the bottom!

You misunderstood me. On the radiator support it is not on the top.It will be on the backside (the side toward the radiator) and on the drivers side.

On the cowl drivers side.Near the vent screen front right corner.If I remember right I had to pull up the hood to cowl seal.

- - - Updated - - -

rad.jpgcowl.jpgThis may help.

Also check the inside cowl above the heater box the vin is stamped there too.

Great pics guys.

Thanks a bunch.

Auto Transport Service
Back