• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unknown part...what is it? Where to mount?

CoronetR/T70

Local time
4:57 PM
Reaction score
Hi there...as my rt project is going on very well, the guy from the paintshop who demounted the doors and fenders is ill and not reachable. Now I checked the boxes where he put the parts. In the bag which was namend fenders.....I found 2 parts and I don't know where to put it? A friend of mine said, it could be an element which takes care of the rear quarter windows to stop them after rolling down .But I can't find the spot where it was mounted. Maybe someone can help me out and show me where this part belongs......before I am loosing my mind.
Thx a lot....I am soo excited where it belongs.

20221216_155659.jpg

20221216_155654.jpg

20221216_155645.jpg

Looks like a stop bracket for the window mechanism.

Last edited:
You really should get a factory service manual for the car. I can't imagine putting one back together
without one - and preferably, also a factory parts manual as well.

Never fear, Dutch is here! Just got my 70 6-pack Bee back from paint and body and had the same issue with same part.... luckily I had some pics from when I took my fenders apart for cleaning ... unfortunately one of mine was missing...the hunt is on!

IMG_20221220_090907193.jpg

IMG_20221220_091325428.jpg

IMG_20221220_091419131.jpg

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaannnn.....i love u bro.....thx a lot. that is GREAT!!!! and i knew it...it had to be somewhere in that corner. thax a lot. u made my day. the factory manual is one the way. but i couldnt wait. :pthat red looks HOT on your car. big graz!!!!!

Are u sure, that it is mounted the right way? as longer i look at it....i ask myself? what is the function of it?^^^^

If I remember there is another piece or a rubber cushion as that is part of a impact cushion for the front bumper…it gets mounted right in front of that bracket…

Last edited:
Unfortunately the front of my car was scabbed on when I got it for transport...not sure what exactly it does, but that's where it goes...I'm hoping it becomes obvious when I assemble and mount the complete front end assembly

Unfortunately book does not elaborate on it's function!

IMG_20221220_151544305.jpg

IMG_20221220_151551625.jpg

nice....thx 4 the pics....hope my manual will arrive soon.
thx you 4 helping me out in that case. Great......merry christmas to you !!

Auto Transport Service
Back