• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vacuum door on the bottom of my air cleaner

Robliepse

Local time
1:57 PM
Reaction score
What controls the opening and closing of the air door on the bottom of the 4 barrel non-air grabber air cleaner on my 1972 440 Roadrunner? I just purchased the car on E Bay and it has a stock looking single snorkel air cleaner with a disconnected air door on the bottom. I understand fuel and air but I'm not sure what controls this door

It should go to full vacuum port on the base of the carburetor. When under idle, there is full vacuum and the door should close, when you step on the gas and vacuum decreases, the door should open. There should also be a door on the snorkel, the vacuum line goes from carb base port to a 'T' connector then to the snorkel and to the base door.

I thought it was operated with a temperature operated vacuum switch mounted in the air cleaner to give you warmer air when cold out

Thanks,
Does anyone know if the temp sensor and vacuum control are still available?

This website rocks.

Rob

Auto Transport Service
Back