• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Value of 1970 N96 Road Runner hood?

UCUDANT

Local time
9:40 AM
Reaction score
I kind of have some idea of what this item might be worth, but I am not too knowledgeable on the B body market.
It's a 1970 Roadrunner/GTX n96 fresh air hood in restorable condition.
It's in good shape, was blasted. The "air box" is uncracked etc. The seal is no good.
It is missing the rear panel.
AMD repops the hood for $699, and the air door is available as well, PG classic sells the under hood air door workings for $1470 PG Classic LINKY
Thanks

N96 hood.jpg N96 air box.jpg

Last edited:
Less and less the longer you leave it sitting on it's ears...

I moved it just for a picture, I'll wrap the corners.

The corners are actually mint, and I cringed when we set it down.

n96 hood 2.jpg

Last edited:
Any other input on what one of these original hoods is worth in this market?
I've been letting go of anything I don't see myself ever needing or duplicate spare parts to fund my project.
What's fair for a buyer and seller?

Any other input on what one of these original hoods is worth in this market?
I've been letting go of anything I don't see myself ever needing or duplicate spare parts to fund my project.
What's fair for a buyer and seller?
If $1000 is comfortable for you start there. I don't think it is worth $1500 but $500 or even $750 sounds too cheap.

I have a 70 V-code Roadrunner that is non-N96, but I wanted the N96 setup. I bought the AMD hood, less than $699. The N96 setup came off a flooded "Flintstones" 70 RR but other than the airbox, most of the moving parts and stuff around them are going to be bought new.
I would be comfortable with $1,000 hood and mechanisms, airbox, etc.

AMD just had all their N96 hoods with hood pin holes on clearance for half price earlier in the year. I just bought a '70 RR this summer and when I checked, they were all gone. Now all they have is hoods without holes for $699, but currently shows out of stock. Send me a PM when you come up with a price.

Last edited:
AMD just had all their N96 hoods with hood pin holes on clearance for half price earlier in the year. I just bought a '70 RR this summer and when I checked, they were all gone. Now all they have is hoods without holes for $699, but currently shows out of stock. Send me a PM when you come up with a price.

Thank you very much.
I will let you know.
A local will be back in town tonight and he said he wants it (this is why I need to price it).
I had hit him up to help price it since he owns a 70 GTX, and to see if he knew anyone might want it, and he gave me the "LOL I want that hood man"
I'd love to trade this for a 340 long block
Thanks again, I will let you know.

Last edited:
FYI, this is still available. I was holding it for a local guy, but he has not responded when asked when he wanted to purchase it. Price will be $1200. Thanks

FYI, this is still available. I was holding it for a local guy, but he has not responded when asked when he wanted to purchase it. Price will be $1200. Thanks
Start a for sale thread and you will probably get more exposure for selling it....

Auto Transport Service
Back