• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valve covers with no breather/pcv holes

theman440

Local time
11:52 PM
Reaction score
Gang,
Where can I find big block valve covers with no breather/pcv holes that don't cost an arm and a leg. I bought some tall bolt aluminum fabricated ones off the "net" but they dont fit my INDY EZ heads (inner 4 bolt angle is not correct) I heard that Indy changed the bolt angle on theres as did some other aftermarket mfg's. 440 source's version wont work (clearly stated on their website) I called Mancicni about theirs and the guy I talked to could not give me a defnite answer as to them fitting INDY heads or not. Id go for some simple stamped sheet metal ones but I can't find any without holes - any ideas?

Well you guys have saved me a few bucks ... I have a set of plain Indy covers but Indy was never one to properly finish their products. There are mold and casting lines all over the covers and I'd been looking at some other cast (plain) covers that were far better finished. But if they ain't gonna fit ...

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say the stud/bolt angles are different. They are all at a right angle to the mounting surface - nice if you want to use studs.

FWIW, stock mopar heads had the top holes drilled and tapped at an angle. I remember using the old butterfly holddowns and they were always at an angle .

Try summit racing. Trick flow covers might be another option. I believe they have plain covers. In stock might be another discussion

I ordered a set of Trick flows - crossing my fingers. I will report on weather they fit or not.

Auto Transport Service
Back