• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vent Windo frame attachment and door glass weatehr seasl?

Malicious

Local time
11:26 PM
Reaction score
I'm struggling at the moment with the front windows, mainly the Vent window frames on my 1968 Coronet. Because of how far away the painter was, I left the windows in to travel (no air dam) and he removed them to paint. So I'm having a fun time working out where everything is and how it goes back together.

I have the vent windows in place, but I'm at a loss as to how they secure in place. The bolt hole closest to the front edge of the door just below the window is obvious but the other two I have no idea. The manual mentions a bracket, but i don't seam to have anything in the door, not sure if it got removed, Or I never had one. Here's a pic showing the two mounts I'm talking about:

View attachment 172403

I'm also missing some weather seals from the door glass. I've emailed Classic Industries, but thought I'd ask here as well. The seals I'm looking for are the seal that runs up the vent window channel where the door glass contacts the vent window and the clips that hold it in place. These are the seal and clip on the left of the attached picture.

The other is the furry insert and rubber channel that are part if the stainless steel trim that attaches to the rear of the door window, this is the trim that seals the door glass to the rear quarter glass. It's the piece on the right of the attached picture.

View attachment 172402

I'm also going to attempt to make the missing heater box motor plate after the piece I got sent was for a NON AC box, not my AC box. If anyone has one they could measure for me, including the height of the rubber insulators on the motor, that would be great!

Thanks all for your help so far and no doubt the heaps more to come!

Just went through this on my Charger. The rear mount you have circled slips into a part of the door and is tightened down with an allen head screw and washer threaded into a rectangular block about a 1/8" thick. before this screw is tight, the door will actually shift somewhat. The front mount slips over a 5/16" stud and held secure with a nut. This is a weld stud which is part of another bracket having 2 additional weld studs that stick out the front of the door and are secured with two 1/4" nuts.

Eagle is right. Mopar makes them. They will need a little trimming to fit.

The Mopar P/N if anyone wants it:

They're not cheap, and they are not sold as a pair, so order 2 if you need both.

Thanks propwash, just called spartanburg dodge they have me two coming out of atlanta in the a.m. $50.00 a piece.

When you order them from Mopar, whats the delivery time like? I'm flying into USA on Thursday. The longest I'm staying anywhere is SF for 6 nights. Don't spose I could get them ordered in in time...

Also does that part number include the clips Propwash?

I found I had actually already ordered the furries from the door to quarter window trim, found them at the bottom of my 'seals' box, score. Polishing the trims up at the moment. Just need the clip on one now. Also ordered in the missing brackets after turning the garage up side down and finding nothing.

I think I'm missing the block hulk described for the rear mount... thats the next challenge. Been darting between projects on the car just to keep things ticking over because I don't have a lot of spare time for it, so when I do, I want to actually achieve something!

Thanks for the help guys! Sorry fro the slow reply, 4 week holiday in the states and a wedding have cut my spare time to SFA!

Can't hit the thanks button for some reason, so 'Thanks'!

Glad to help Malicious. Just a heads up, you will have to do just a tiny bit of trimming of the felt covered plastic guides for fit. You'll know what I mean when you get them. Real easy/self explanatory to do.

Auto Transport Service
Back