• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vinyl prep chem and color spray

RedBeard

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:17 AM
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone has used the vinyl prep chemical and color spray from Classic Industries.
1676493306196.jpeg

Not from Classic. However, I have used products from my local Painter Supply with great results. I dyed my console, kick panels, A Pillar pieces, dash pieces, dash pad and every other interior piece in my Coronet R/T.

89500480_3.jpg

89500480_5.jpg

89500480_4.jpg

I used the Vinyl Paint from Herb's. Dash was green, went to black, door panels were tan, went to white. Cleaned them with "Awesome" cleaner from the dollar store, (recommended by the guy who redid my seats)...then sprayed. I didn't use any prep spray on the vinyl stuff. Metal parts did get the primer. One year later, so far so good
PXL_20220323_184221033.jpg
PXL_20220327_195646893.jpg

I used the Vinyl Paint from Herb's. Dash was green, went to black, door panels were tan, went to white. Cleaned them with "Awesome" cleaner from the dollar store, (recommended by the guy who redid my seats)...then sprayed. I didn't use any prep spray on the vinyl stuff. Metal parts did get the primer. One year later, so far so good
"LA's Awesome Cleaner" Is by far the best cleaner i have ever used... gotta dilute it though :)

Was wondering if anyone has used the vinyl prep chemical and color spray from Classic Industries.
View attachment 1418582

I have used this on my Roadrunner dash and door panels but haven't tried them yet because I just finished the car in December. No drive/use time on it yet.

Pearl white original, used OEM complete kit to prep and clean for color spray, was expensive and long wait before the covid hit............was well worth it. Does not match exactly, but closely, would do again

Auto Transport Service
Back