• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VP Racing fuel?

Detective D

Local time
5:32 PM
Reaction score
So, out of nowhere, suddenly there are blue and red signs promoting "VP Racing fuel" with a new gas station or 3 in the area(WI) and other advertising on TV and such.

I can't remember the last time WI had a "new" brand of gas station in my neck of the woods. Anyone know of this brand? I did a quick google and it says they were aquired a few years back by some belgium company but I didn't dig too hard. Truth is there is only two pipelines that come up to WI from down south and every brand uses one of the two so I am more curious about the VP brand itself and where it came from.

Linky to their web page:
Race Fuels, Lubricants, Coolants, & Additives - VP Racing Fuels

There is a VP gas station in my california neighborhood. I have no idea if they are affiliated with VP racing gas, cause they DON'T sell any.
They are one of the cheaper stations around, I've seen them at least a half a buck/gallon cheaper than the name brands around here.

VP racing fuels use to have a facility in Redlands, Ca. in the 90's Just outside of San Bernardino.

We have VP pumps at certain gas stations selling 110 , I didn't know they had there own gas stations.
I frequently stop by.
20230701_110056.jpg

We had them around here for awhile (only lasted a couple of years). When they 1st opened they sold a couple of octanes of race gas at the pumps. That went away within a year and then only a couple of them sold the race gas in 5 gallon cans inside the station. They are all gone now, not sure why they came and went so quick.

Heh. So people have heard of this place at least.
If they come into town and are half a buck cheaper then other places, a certain mega-chain (Kwik Trip) is going to pitch a fit. I don't know if Kwik Trip is midwest only or not, but they have a station in every town bigger than 3000 people in NE WI, and multiple in larger cities. How that chain responds usually tells the tale if a new station in town survives or not. I don't generally go to our local KT, I find their business practices resemble Walmart too much.
I would also be SUPER happy if we had a place besides one local Co-op that had racing fuel at a pump. That Co-op is down the street from the closest dirt track, but that is also a 40 minute drive from me(keep in mind, ultra rural WI so 40 minutes of two lane highway)
Most "new" stations around here are just ones that went belly up and someone moved in and contracted with one of the mega corps like BP or Citgo and changes the signage. We are on location #3 in my tiny town for the BP station now, unless it moves back to one of the previous stations they are out of places to hop to!

I do get a kick out of their marketing. Talk about positive spin: "world leaders in fuel technology" a bunch of branding stuff, overpriced blow molded containers with a sticker on them, borderline HYPE language for franchise possibility, etc. Still, more competition is a good thing usually in a market like gas and oil. If they are fully made in USA merch and fuel also that is a plus in my book, but time will tell what they open and sell around here.

7.99 gallon not sure about c12 part just 110 octane
So that's about 2.10 per liter.
Up here (by the barrel) we're at around 6.50/L
You're paying barely more than we pay for pump premium!!!
I'd be driving around in a 13:1 mill if I were you!!! :thumbsup:

I've never seen any station or pump anywhere around here that sells anything more than 91 octane. 110 out of the pump would be awesome.

I know of one station near my friends house in southern california that sells 100 unleaded out of the pump. $13 gallon. The only leaded 110 anywhere I know of is at the racetrack. To the best of my knowledge, there's not a single leaded pump in the state of California. Not even any non-alcohol.
(Leaded 110 for $8 is a giveaway price. I can show you a Cali station, today, that is still well over $6 for 91 10%)

Last edited:
Hm I didn't know VP had their own stations that sold normal pump gas. I only know them from the race stuff. There is a Red Triangle industrial fuel supply in town that sells the complete line of VP race fuels, which is where we get it...it's very good.
Crazy to think how only 10-15 years ago there were several speed shops that sold racing fuel. There was even a (Valero or Beacon) down the highway near Kingsburg that sold VP 100 and 110 sweetness from the pump like 'junior340' posted and the guy at the cash register would give you a cool VP decal with your purchase!

Where you moving in AZ 33 ?
Bought a house in the tri-state, south of Laughlin, a few years back. Still have my house in california, but have another house in Cali gonna be for sale soon.
I hope there is still somebody that wants to live in Cali, and can afford it.

Bought a house in the tri-state, south of Laughlin, a few years back. Still have my house in california, but have another house in Cali gonna be for sale soon.
I hope there is still somebody that wants to live in Cali, and can afford it.
Nope! they all live here now.

There was a place I was sponsored by for plugs & fuel
he also did the CNC fuel P/S pumps too

ERC Fuels in San Lorenzo Ca. Lewelling Blvd.
off the beaten path sort of
the obscure area between/around Oakland San Leandro Haward area
580/880/238 junctions
he sold ERC 110 or 116a (methanol) oxygenated for boosted stuff
(for 'offroad use' :poke: )
at the pump & sold Sunoco Race fuel, VP racing fuels (barrels IIRC),
& Exxon dealer at that time too
Power Plus unleader race gas & also Champion race plugs, Amsoil
& killer 500+gph CNC real race pumps
an assortment of race car stuff, the org. owner was a CNC/Racecar genius...

He did stuff for Warren Johnson....

I haven't been there in 10-12 years, I think it's still there

Auto Transport Service
Back