• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VW Tiguan. Lost item gap in Dash at Windshield

Go to Walmart, park next to another card holder.
Most never lock up.
She gets caught just have her smile and say she thought it was her car.
Sooner or later, you just knew someone would suggest thievery, didn't you? :lol:

what am I missing here?...... it's a piece of paper
It's because Pa makes it a royal PIA to get one, never mind getting one re-issued.
I went through this with one for the Mrs. First you need documentation from your medical provider with a valid reason. Then you provide this information to PENNDOT, they verify all this. Then they further question for how long the condition will exist, and either approve or deny. This took over 90 days for a 1yr windshield hanger. It then takes an additional 90+ days to approve a permanent one, requiring further medical documentation. Luckily I saved the original paperwork when it was issued when we left it in a rental car in Vegas. It still took 2 months to get it re-issued.
It is totally ridiculous.
Just print one and laminate it.

It's because Pa makes it a royal PIA to get one, never mind getting one re-issued.
I went through this with one for the Mrs. First you need documentation from your medical provider with a valid reason. Then you provide this information to PENNDOT, they verify all this. Then they further question for how long the condition will exist, and either approve or deny. This took over 90 days for a 1yr windshield hanger. It then takes an additional 90+ days to approve a permanent one, requiring further medical documentation. Luckily I saved the original paperwork when it was issued when we left it in a rental car in Vegas. It still took 2 months to get it re-issued.
It is totally ridiculous.
Just print one and laminate it.

you're not checking the right box :rolleyes:

Any advice on retrieval? Elderly Mom borrowed POS VW visiting in Pittsburgh vicinity. Can’t get the crippled parking card out. Went to VW Dealer. They can’t help. Only the Germans would pull **** like this. Drove it ten miles and the oil light went on. Low, made an add.
My wife has one I warned her.

This same thing happened to my aunts Tiguan and I got the call…. I was able to get it with a slim Jim wrapped in 2 sided tape, compressed air to move it around, and 45 minutes of fishing for it. Wasn’t enjoyable but it Was retrieved.

VW.
People want to love them. It's this concept in their heads, a pre-conceived notion that they will love the VW. Not of it's own merits, nor some profound proof found during ownership. But, they love it.

Aaaaaaaaand they trade it in.
Fahrvegnugen

I wonder if someone could get to it if something unfortunate happened to the windshield?

Actually maybe using a can of compressed air. Try to get the straw to below the item that you’re trying to retrieve.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back