• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND Wanted 1967 727-904 Valve Body

Status
Not open for further replies.

rustytoolss

Local time
10:05 AM
Reaction score
I'm looking for a Stock, unmodified 1967 727-904 Valve Body. No reverse patters, no shift kitted units. All I really need is the upper half of the valve body with all the stock valves. Would want to see pictures with date code markings. Thanks

If it were me, I would upgrade to a '71 and newer Part Throttle Kick Down valve body. This is an invisible upgrade. If the show judges are dropping your transmission oil pan to check valve body date codes, you are going to the wrong car shows.

He is trying to put two halves together is why he wants the dates from them.

If it were me, I would upgrade to a '71 and newer Part Throttle Kick Down valve body. This is an invisible upgrade. If the show judges are dropping your transmission oil pan to check valve body date codes, you are going to the wrong car shows.
Thanks for you reply . BUT...After talking with TFlite Patty. He told me, That if I use a 67 upper VB..mate it to my 62 sep plate and 62 lower VB..I can use a 71 PTKD . In my 1962 PB 727 which has 2 pumps. I will also need to use the 1962 rooster comb with a bushing so I can retain the cable shift system....As for the car show inspectors...when they do drop my trans pan. They will only see the " 62 Date code" o the lower VB casting..... They will never know...pretty sneaky !

The '71 and newer PTKD will never bolt to a 1967 upper VB. There were major casting changes made to accommodate the new feature. A&A Transmissions has the older style listed as fitting '66-'69. Part # 22740-32SI $95.00. As a sideline, I have been rebuilding TorqueFlights for over 30 years. I have always thought it is not a good idea to mix and match upper and lower VB plates due to changes in fluid channels over the years. If you think this mismatch will work ( I don't ), why not use the '71 and newer upper VB plate that has the PTKD already on it instead of the '67 piece?

Thanks for you reply . BUT...After talking with TFlite Patty. He told me, That if I use a 67 upper VB..mate it to my 62 sep plate and 62 lower VB..I can use a 71 PTKD . In my 1962 PB 727 which has 2 pumps. I will also need to use the 1962 rooster comb with a bushing so I can retain the cable shift system....As for the car show inspectors...when they do drop my trans pan. They will only see the " 62 Date code" o the lower VB casting..... They will never know...pretty sneaky !
ok tell me. whats up with the 62 case. the 727 in my 62 was behind a poly. i build my own trans for my own rides but have not done anything past 67/8 for a very long time. i have a chance to get my hands on a 62-5 PB BB trans ( more than one if i want) since im going into the trans for the 413 is there any advantage to the early case other than the 2 pumps?

ok tell me. whats up with the 62 case. the 727 in my 62 was behind a poly. i build my own trans for my own rides but have not done anything past 67/8 for a very long time. i have a chance to get my hands on a 62-5 PB BB trans ( more than one if i want) since im going into the trans for the 413 is there any advantage to the early case other than the 2 pumps?
I might be the last guy you want answers from..The early aliminum 727s have 19 spline T converters and a narrow converter bushing in the front pump ( these item can be updated to the 24 spline system, which give you more converter options) As you know the early 727s use 2 cables (gear selection/ park) the cables leak. You can get replacement cable $$$$) My 62 has the Ball&trunion front driveshaft joint. Which can also be updated to slip yoke (which most people prefer) as a side note The Ball & Trunion joint was strong enough for Factory 413 Super Stock cars and some early 426 Hemi cars. AS for 2 pumps. Not sure it has much advantage, as chrysler dropped it in 66...it's more of a carry over thing from the cast iron torqueflite design from 1961. AS for the PB 727 from behind you 318 poly..I'm sure you know it will not bolt up to a big block. Does you car have the push button/park gear selector or cable operated floor shifter ? If not those can be hard to find and $$$. Unless you are trying to recreate an early mostly correct car...I would think using a 66-70 727 or better yet a 1971 727 might be a better choice...just my opinion...might be the wrong person to ask.

Last edited:
I might be the last guy you want answers from..The early aliminum 727s have 19 spline T converters and a narrow converter bushing in the front pump ( these item can be updated to the 24 spline system, which give you more converter options) As you know the early 727s use 2 cables (gear selection/ park) the cables leak. You can get replacement cable $$$$) My 62 has the Ball&trunion front driveshaft joint. Which can also be updated to slip yoke (which most people prefer) as a side note The Ball & Trunion joint was strong enough for Factory 413 Super Stock cars and some early 426 Hemi cars. AS for 2 pumps. Not sure it has much advantage, as chrysler dropped it in 66...it's more of a carry over thing from the cast iron torqueflite design from 1961. AS for the PB 727 from behind you 318 poly..I'm sure you know it will not bolt up to a big block. Does you car have the push button/park gear selector or cable operated floor shifter ? If not those can be hard to find and $$$. Unless you are trying to recreate an early mostly correct car...I would think using a 66-70 727 or better yet a 1971 727 might be a better choice...just my opinion...might be the wrong person to ask.
my wagon is the 62 PB 727 poly car new and all of the shifter stuff is there in the dash with the park arm in tact. the 413 PB auto will drop in with the old drive shaft that came with it (sadly i don't have the parts to do a bb/4 speed swap) At some point the 4 speed V 800 poly thing is going into a crew cab i got from TX (that was going to be a parts car) that had a stick to start with. i do have a few 727's up here but one is a 68 floor shift and the rest are 70 up C body and truck 400/440 2 and divorced 4x4.

Last edited:
I would guess that the biggest downfall of the early 62 PB 727 is the fact of the 19 spline narrow converter bushing when being used in a performance application (there are almost no converter choices) ..But since you may have a core transmission (67 and up ) you could use the pump/stator unit from one of those and put it into the 62 PB 727...so you could use a better performance converter. There are better people to ask, like Dave6T4 on this forum. My transmission guy passed away 4 years ago. My 62 Fury Wagon 318 PB 727, Vintage Air

P1040827.JPG

I would guess that the biggest downfall of the early 62 PB 727 is the fact of the 19 spline narrow converter bushing when being used in a performance application (there are almost no converter choices) ..But since you may have a core transmission (67 and up ) you could use the pump/stator unit from one of those and put it into the 62 PB 727...so you could use a better performance converter. There are better people to ask, like Dave6T4 on this forum. My transmission guy passed away 4 years ago. My 62 Fury Wagon 318 PB 727, Vintage Air

View attachment 1595722
this is a use what parts i got or can afford thing.. more along the lines of the 390 HP 500 FP stock-ish power tour hotrod thing. the mid 60's cop/tow package trans had a good converter with 2300-ish stall to it. will work well with the long ram and 3.91 gears....... nice ride btw

this is a use what parts i got or can afford thing.. more along the lines of the 390 HP 500 FP stock-ish power tour hotrod thing. the mid 60's cop/tow package trans had a good converter with 2300-ish stall to it. will work well with the long ram and 3.91 gears....... nice ride btw
I fully understand using what parts you have, and trying to work within a budget...My days of chasing power are over ( I guess it was fun, at the time. Learned at lot..but done enough of it, now it watch other people beat the $hit out of thier cars).. good luck with your car.

I fully understand using what parts you have, and trying to work within a budget...My days of chasing power are over ( I guess it was fun, at the time. Learned at lot..but done enough of it, now it watch other people beat the $hit out of thier cars).. good luck with your car.
ya .. i get a kick out of watching some kid that bought there power brake stuff and have no clue how to fix it .... im betting if thay had to build there junk thay mite take better care of it ....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back