• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WANTED VINTAGE WHEEL WORKS 15X8 VN45

MIKESPOLARA

Local time
4:36 AM
Reaction score
Very long shot. Looking for a pair of Vintage Wheel Works 15x8 VN45, 4.5" back space 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern. Not to be confused with American Racing Torq Thrust

349304227_1923284614692846_524859246837908289_n.jpg

I can't help with the wheels you want...... but I'm curious why not the torque thrusts. Is it for the straight spokes, as opposed to the torque thrust curved ones? Otherwise , AR makes the exact wheel you are looking for. (And I think they make a torque thrust "original" with straight spokes, I just don't know what the bs is)
I have a pair of antique Ansen 15x8 1/2 straight five spokes.... but the backspace makes them almost unusable on anything but a full radius wheelwell opening.

I can't help with the wheels you want...... but I'm curious why not the torque thrusts. Is it for the straight spokes, as opposed to the torque thrust curved ones? Otherwise , AR makes the exact wheel you are looking for. (And I think they make a torque thrust "original" with straight spokes, I just don't know what the bs is)
I have a pair of antique Ansen 15x8 1/2 straight five spokes.... but the backspace makes them almost unusable on anything but a full radius wheelwell opening.
I have Torq Thrust originals, old ones that are USA made and are wonderful EXCEPT 15x7 is the widest with a back space that will fit my car. If I go to the TT orig 8.5" the back spacing would require a shortened rear end. The Vintage wheels have the necessary 4.5" back space in a 8" wheel which will fit perfectly and still match my front TT original 15x5. Unfortunately Vintage wheel works bellied up and Coker bought but it appears Coker just sold off what ever inventory was left over and they don't seem to be interested in re manufacturing

I have Torq Thrust originals, old ones that are USA made and are wonderful EXCEPT 15x7 is the widest with a back space that will fit my car. If I go to the TT orig 8.5" the back spacing would require a shortened rear end. The Vintage wheels have the necessary 4.5" back space in a 8" wheel which will fit perfectly and still match my front TT original 15x5. Unfortunately Vintage wheel works bellied up and Coker bought but it appears Coker just sold off what ever inventory was left over and they don't seem to be interested in re manufacturing
A hah! I get it now. My Ansens, and 200s have the same problem.
Is Vintage the same as Team lll wheels? (E.T Wheels) I think team lll will have what you are looking for. Wont be cheap. Speedway sells them, I think.

A hah! I get it now. My Ansens, and 200s have the same problem.
Is Vintage the same as Team lll wheels? (E.T Wheels) I think team lll will have what you are looking for. Wont be cheap. Speedway sells them, I think.
No, those ET's have painted spokes, not near the same. The TToriginals might have paint. I kind of don't think they have paint. but they are very rough surface, flat color-as cast I suppose.

I also put out a wanted ad on Facebook and found a guy that has one brand new wheel but one won't help unless I stumble across another one, unlikely.

I don't think the tt originals have paint. I ordered a pair of tt2s, 15x12 with a custom bs a few years back, and they were definitely painted.

Auto Transport Service
Back