• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wanting to add AC

Texas charger 73

Local time
8:10 AM
Reaction score
i have a 1973 Dodge Charger and i would like to add AC.. It was a factory Heat/air car... i know i need a new control switch inside, but what all do i need under the hood? i don't have anything other than the original 900 lb compressor , but i would rather just put a new system in... I have looked at vintage air, old air products and nothing is listed for B bodies after 70. any help would be appreciated. i also have the original ac pulleys from my 318.
new360.jpg

I added a modern system to mine but already had certain parts. I called Classic (Original Air Group) to put together the parts I needed in a kit form. If you call them, I'm sure they can either put something together or direct you to who can.

Last edited:
I put a vintage air setup on a customers 1970 hemi cuda.

Works like a charm even on 100 degree days

I put a vintage air setup on a customers 1970 hemi cuda.

Works like a charm even on 100 degree days
I still don't get this "even on 100 degree days". I live where summer is 120+. My cooling system and a/c set up to handle that. Why does everyone think 100 is hot.

I still don't get this "even on 100 degree days". I live where summer is 120+. My cooling system and a/c set up to handle that. Why does everyone think 100 is hot.

It is here in the East!!!

100 degrees and 100% humidity is BRUTAL.

100 degrees and 100% humidity is BRUTAL.
I lived in East LA, East Lower Alabama, for many yrs. 105-110 n 80%+ humidity. Yes, it's sticky, but my car still ran cooler n a/c worked better there than it does in 120+.

Bouchillon Performance.

My '71 originally had air but the compressor was gone. They had everything, including brackets and was easy to install. There was a mix-up with the condenser, they thought they sent it, so they sent another one. When I got the other one, I called, told them, they said it would be more of a PIA in shipping, "Keep it"

#1 Rod Front.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back