• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WATCH OUT FOR SCAMMER JIMMIE WORTHMAN aka NERY LEANO!!!

8stackhemi

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:06 PM
Reaction score
A current PAYPAL member 'Nery Leano @nleano333' has been trying to defraud me & others in our classic car forums, supposedly selling MOPAR automotive parts for $3400. He wants half-payment ($1700) up front and sent through paypal 'Friends & Family only' and NOT through the regular paypal 'service and goods' process.
He REFUSES to use anything but the 'Friends & Family' for payment & says i can pay the remaining $1700 AFTER i receive the parts. (Oh, that sounds legit, right!)
He originally would ONLY use VENMO and/or ZELLE for payments, but i told him i only have a paypal account, ha. Reluctantly, and after using an original name of 'Jimmie Worthman' in my emails, he agreed to use paypal & gave me the paypal account name of 'Nery Leano @nleano333'. (THIS PAYPAL ACCOUNT IS CURRENTLY ACTIVE!). Stupid *** finally gives me his real name & has an active payPal account.
I've reported to PAYPAL,
as well as filing my federal fraud IC3 dept report with the FBI for interstate theft & fraud.
I hoping this will be followed up on their end and at least remove & ban his fraudulent 'Nery Leano @nleano333' payPal account. These guys should rot in hell! BE AWARE!!!!

Is he a member here? If so let the mods have his user name..

Is he a member here? If so let the mods have his user name..
I do not believe he is a member, although he has been on this forum. Already drew attention to him last week to the moderators. He's evidently copying bbody forum members classified ads WITH EXACT SAME PICS and group-emailing members if a member listed their email addy in a listing. Stupid me did just that, so I tried to remove ALL places in my posts where i may have mistakenly included my email address. Lesson learned!!!

A current PAYPAL member 'Nery Leano @nleano333' has been trying to defraud me & others in our classic car forums, supposedly selling MOPAR automotive parts for $3400. He wants half-payment ($1700) up front and sent through paypal 'Friends & Family only' and NOT through the regular paypal 'service and goods' process.
He REFUSES to use anything but the 'Friends & Family' for payment & says i can pay the remaining $1700 AFTER i receive the parts. (Oh, that sounds legit, right!)
He originally would ONLY use VENMO and/or ZELLE for payments, but i told him i only have a paypal account, ha. Reluctantly, and after using an original name of 'Jimmie Worthman' in my emails, he agreed to use paypal & gave me the paypal account name of 'Nery Leano @nleano333'. (THIS PAYPAL ACCOUNT IS CURRENTLY ACTIVE!). Stupid *** finally gives me his real name & has an active payPal account.
I've reported to PAYPAL,
as well as filing my federal fraud IC3 dept report with the FBI for interstate theft & fraud.
I hoping this will be followed up on their end and at least remove & ban his fraudulent 'Nery Leano @nleano333' payPal account. These guys should rot in hell! BE AWARE!!!!
Hit the report button in the post where you see the issue. And if you post this information on the site put it in the Website questions forum. We get notifications there. We may not see the issue in the General forum.

How can he be "on this forum" and not be a member?

You can post or contact someone without being a member?
No, you can only see all the ads and posts on the forum, BUT you can NOT actually reply or participate in the dialogues without first registering & then logging in as a forum member.
Non-members can still view 'vital' details possibly about, or submitted by, full fledged members. My mistake was including my email adress in a classified ad I had posted, hence he was able to contact me 'on the outside' stating he had all kinds of MOPAR stuff for sale.

Ok thanks, I was wondering if there was some way the individual had gotten access into the site to post fraudulently.

Auto Transport Service
Back