• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weather Stripping 66 Charger

lambertw

Local time
5:02 PM
Reaction score
Hi
I purchased weather stripping for my 66 Charger (roof rail, quarter window, vent window, door seals etc). How hard is this to install yourself. Will I be ok or is it best to try to find someone experienced in this? If I need to get someone, who would you recommend in Southeastern PA?

Not too difficult. But also depends on the brand of weather stripping you purchased. Some do not fit well. Best ones especially for the roof rail comes from Steele.

Hi
I purchased weather stripping for my 66 Charger (roof rail, quarter window, vent window, door seals etc). How hard is this to install yourself. Will I be ok or is it best to try to find someone experienced in this? If I need to get someone, who would you recommend in Southeastern PA?
It's all fairly easy. Pick one to install and ask for advice if you need it.

The vent window seals are a bit difficult but the roof rail and door weatherstripa are relatively easy. A blunt pop cycle stick works well for nudging the outer rib on the seal into the metal track on the roof. The vent seals require separating the vent window frame. I know it’s possible to remove the screw holding the top rubber stop and front vent frame to front window track and wedge them apart to pull the side glass. I’m not sure for a fact if that would also allow pulling the vent glass out so the seal can be replaced. Maybe someone else can confirm. Use a lot of lubricant to get the vent seal in the frame tracks - silicon spray works best but some may be reluctant to use it around their car if paint work is a future project.

Not too difficult. But also depends on the brand of weather stripping you purchased. Some do not fit well. Best ones especially for the roof rail comes from Steele.
Thanks RedBeard, got these from Classic Industries.

The vent window seals are a bit difficult but the roof rail and door weatherstripa are relatively easy. A blunt pop cycle stick works well for nudging the outer rib on the seal into the metal track on the roof. The vent seals require separating the vent window frame. I know it’s possible to remove the screw holding the top rubber stop and front vent frame to front window track and wedge them apart to pull the side glass. I’m not sure for a fact if that would also allow pulling the vent glass out so the seal can be replaced. Maybe someone else can confirm. Use a lot of lubricant to get the vent seal in the frame tracks - silicon spray works best but some may be reluctant to use it around their car if paint work is a future project.
Thank you, much appreciated

Thanks RedBeard, got these from Classic Industries.
There stuff is ok. If you got the trunk seal from them, they are one of the few places that have the correct form for the 66-67 Charger.

Auto Transport Service
Back