• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weld on bracket for sway bar to lca

dan juhasz

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:34 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone make the weld on brackets that attach to the lca’s for sway bar links. These would be for early lca’s, 64/66/67

I just found the Hotchkis ones for my 71 on amazon and got those ordered. .......now how to figure out the correct placement!

09_strut_bar_bracket.JPG
10_strut_bar_bracket.JPG

I bought the Hotchkis brackets, thinking I could take the bracket and LCA to a welder, show him where it goes, have it welded on and be done with it. When people here started talking about installing the sway bar and taking measurements to get the bracket placed just right on the LCA, I bought QA1's lower control arms. Yes, you can reinforce and modify the factory parts to perform well for less $, but IMO that is a job best taken on by a more advanced builder than myself.

FWIW, QA1 includes all the stuff needed to make their sway bar work with the factory k member and LCA's -

QA1_stock_K_member_bracket2.JPG

QA1_stock_K_member_bracket.JPG

QA1_stock_LCA_bracket.JPG

The instructions say to drill through the LCA and bolt the sway bar bracket on. Not even weld. I suppose it can't spin if butted up tight against that top rib.

I have to admit I feel better about the way the sway bar bolts onto QA1's k member and LCA's - although the bracket on their LCA's isn't much stouter than what they provide for the factory LCA. And the factory sway bar must bolt on similar to what QA1 shows. I haven't seen the factory sway bar installation, but I imagine it uses the same bolt holes on the k member.

Auto Transport Service
Back