• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What car commercials have stuck in your memory?

The 1969 Dodge Charger commercials with Joan Parker mesmerized me the entire time they aired. If I hadn't already fallen for the GTX, they would have made me a Charger R/T owner, for sure.

I always thought these Matador commercials were funny. Unique marketing. Translation - “What the hell is that”

Any of the new Chevrolet 1977 ads. I think that everyone in my family ( all of my family including extended family were 100% GM) were on pins and needles waiting for the downsize GM cars. When those "The new Chevrolet" commercials aired my dad, uncle, neighbors, etc were commenting and eager to go see. I even remember teachers commenting on the billboards with new Chevrolet ads on field trips.

It was a important car for GM and all of America. As I recall they were really good cars, too. My dad bought the 1978 LeSabre, both neighbors bought Caprices, my uncle bought a Impala, and even my scoutmaster had a 1978 Catalina. All of those cars soldiered on north of 100k miles with minimal repairs. (Begs the question what happened to GM, but I digress)

There was a Dodge Dealer in Ambridge, Pa, had commercials with a sweet blonde, and while the announcer was talking, she was pulling off Gilner Dodge T Shirts, until she almost took off the last one.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back