• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What car movie is this???

Bad B-rad

Local time
12:44 PM
Reaction score
Happy Independence Day everyone!!!!!
I remember seeing the cover of a car movie, and on the cover of the movie was(I think) a black 1955 ish chevy(sorry) and two stoner looking dudes, one with long curly red hair and denim jacket.
If I remember correctly ( and I may not be) the car and the guys were standing in the middle an empty road(that looked to go on forever) there may have even been a trampy looking woman on the cover, in between the two guys.
Today I started to watch the car fick, Two Lane Blacktop, and having never watched this film before, I had always thought that the movie poster was the one I described above.
I now realize this is not the same film, as Two lane Blacktop stars James Taylor and Dennis Wilson, and even though I have not seen either film, I do know who Dennis Wilson, and James Taylor are, and the guys on the cover described above are not them.
One other clue is the film, that I don't know the name of, looks to be much newer then Two lane black top. I would say 25-35 years newer, it also MAY have the title in bubble letters.
Anyone know what movie has a cover like that?
About two weeks ago on here (FBBO) some guys had commented about a movie Death Race 2000 (1975), having never watched this movie, I decided it was time to do so, and I enjoyed it.
So today, I will be moving on to, Two lane blacktop.(originally released, in sneak preview, on July 4th,LOL!!!), but not knowing what the name of the other movie is, is really bugging me.
Anyone know the name of that flick???

Thanks, and enjoy your day!!!

That would be Two Lane Blacktop..

p2037_v_v8_aa.jpg

BeepBeepRR I do that all the time!!!
And again, having never watched Two lane Blacktop, I thought that was the movie, now I know its not.

Macon County and return to Macon county

When my mind plays tricks on me, I play tricks back!!!
stoned-age-movie-poster.jpg

How the F$%K did I think that was a chevy?
I was WAY OFF on that one!!!!
I remember a buddy of mine always telling me to watch this film, and I never have.
Man, I guess my dad was right, that IS why they call it dope!!!,LOL s-l400.jpg

Last edited:
I feel like an idiot, I should have pretended I couldn't find it.
Now everyone knows how stupid I really am!!!!!:realcrazy:

WOW, I am truly sorry!:rofl:

I am gonna look on the bright side, had my memory not blended two completely different movie posters into one, then I would not have had Macon county, and the return to Macon county, recommended to watch after Two lane black top.

There was a movie called "Hot Rod" from 79 and it was about a 40ish Willys. I thought it might have been Hemi powered, but haven't seen it lately.

Auto Transport Service
Back