• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do I need to hook throttle up

19 69 GTX

Local time
5:54 PM
Reaction score
Ok have a Holley carb but I got this new set up for taller intake. I know I need a longer cable but what stud would hook factory cable to carb lever??

20211111_190527.jpg

I think you need Holley 20-7 and Mopar Carb stud. Do a search. You should find them.

Looking at that setup still looks to short for the Holley bracket...

I don'tknow what you mean by too short. You'll need to determine if your new bracket locates the cable in a different location. If so, maybe ask Holley, or use some creative problem solving.

I don'tknow what you mean by too short. You'll need to determine if your new bracket locates the cable in a different location. If so, maybe ask Holley, or use some creative problem solving.
What I ment was the cable still looks to short. Maybe he dont have it pulled all the way out or?

I just ordered a taller stock style bracket and longer throttle cable from Mancini
Did you abort trying to use the Allstar bracket? I just received the exact same one yesterday. Putting it on my Duster small block car. My cable is to short as well.

Did you abort trying to use the Allstar bracket? I just received the exact same one yesterday. Putting it on my Duster small block car. My cable is to short as well.

Went with a taller stock style bracket and longer cable..may see if the cable works with the allstar as well.

Went with a taller stock style bracket and longer cable..may see if the cable works with the allstar as well.
I found a longer cable that will work for me. A bigger problem though is the relationship between the cable mount and where it attaches to the carb linkage. The aluminum block holds the cable high and the stud on the linkage is low. As the throttle is opened it travels in an arc. Fully opened is impossible because of this. A guy over on FABO rigged up a stud that he mounted through the big hole used for the return springs. That is about the only way I can see to get this expensive piece of aluminum to work correctly. I am trying to get ahold of him....

I found a longer cable that will work for me. A bigger problem though is the relationship between the cable mount and where it attaches to the carb linkage. The aluminum block holds the cable high and the stud on the linkage is low. As the throttle is opened it travels in an arc. Fully opened is impossible because of this. A guy over on FABO rigged up a stud that he mounted through the big hole used for the return springs. That is about the only way I can see to get this expensive piece of aluminum to work correctly. I am trying to get ahold of him....

When I initially read this and looked at the picture, that was what I thought - even when it is attached correctly, how will the stud clear the new throttle mounting bracket in the WOT position.

When I initially read this and looked at the picture, that was what I thought - even when it is attached correctly, how will the stud clear the new throttle mounting bracket in the WOT position.
Here is a pic of how that guy on FABO solved the problem. Otherwise, this whole bracket is junk imo.

20211112_090346.jpg

Glad I ordered a stock one just taller says its works with rpm intake..plus longer throttle cable

Auto Transport Service
Back