• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what is single air with heater option

morbidgoat

Local time
5:16 PM
Reaction score
i know i already posted this question a few weeks ago in the 66 to 70 section but i got no responses so i figured i'd try it here. so i was decoding my fender tag and i have the h51 code which is supposed to mean single air with heater. so forgive me if this is a silly question but what does single air mean is this another way of saying air conditioning or what. i know the heater box that was cobbeled into my car isnt correct so i was wondering what this means also the dash i got with this car (not sure if it goes to it or not) has the billboard style gauges and has 6 vents in it 2 for defrost 2 in the middle and one on each side. car is 69 gtx 440 project got it more or less as just a rolling chassie almost completely gutted so i was just wondering if this was originally an ac car

What you have to remember when decoding factory info is that the sales codes are for ALL of there vehicles not just YOUR model. Vans were offered with auxillary (rear) heaters and a second A/C (rear) unit back in those days just as they are today. The code that your car has simple identifies the single front A/C unit with the standard heater even though that was all that was available for a B body they still used the same code for a van and there had to be a description of what the option included.

Auto Transport Service
Back