• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is this about a f......

Don't know about you but Dire Straits is one of my favs....

NICE.. my Mom's guitar that I learned to play on. She bought it when she was 16, in 1942 !

dubro.jpg

momcollection.jpg

Not bad, not bad at all!! Thanks for sharing!!

That is awesome how does it sound ?
Has a great sound to it, but it's a bugger on your fingers that's for sure. Strings are way high off the frets... almost if it was intended to be a slide guitar. Keep meaning to lower the string board, but never get there..

that Dire Straits song "Money for nothing" is one of their best...
1984-85-ish ?
"Sultans of swing" is great too

I think that song was one of the 1st MTV videos I ever saw

with the square looking animation stuff

the little faggot with an earing & makeup
the little faggot has his own jet airplane
the little faggot is a millionaire
that little faggot gets money for nothing & their chicks for free
(faggots don't get chicks or do they ?)
was it Michale Jackson ?
was it Elton John ?

Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx claimed it was about them & their looks/lifestyles
Hairband days

Last edited:
that Dire Straits song is one of their best...
1984-85-ish ?

I think that song was one of the 1st MTV videos I ever saw

with the square looking animation stuff

the little faggot with an earing
the little faggot has his own jet airplane
the little faggot is a millionaire

was it Michale Jackson ?
Or Prince?

The story goes they used what they overheard in a department store for the lyrics.

I have loved Dire Straits since their debut album came out with "Sultans of Swing" and several other great songs. It's still one of my favs - something about Knopfler's haunting guitar. Brothers in Arms and Communique are pretty good albums too.

You missed "yeah buddy, that's his own hair".

...and as I said in the other post with this same title, I believe boy george is on the screen when that line comes along.

...and for the past three weeks I have not been able to get the guitar parts of Sultans Of Swing out of my head.

The first Dire Straits song I ever heard was Skate Away.

Then Industrial Disease.

Looks Regal. Cool Dobro. Not often getting to see old pics either. Nice.
My Mom out on the fire escape of the Peterborough YMCA where she stayed when working as a maid for the cities elite. She also had some pictures of the vets marching down George Street after the war from the same venue. The other pics are the homestead she grew up on, riding one of the work horses and her successful bear hunt to help feed her siblings. Mom was the oldest of 6 and just Gramma in the middle of nowhere. Grampa took off to find work in the 30's and never came back.

Auto Transport Service
Back