• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What should I offer? 65 Bel. II

Rev. Mopar

Local time
2:02 AM
Reaction score
Have run across a pretty solid 65 Belvidere II in my area. It is a poly with a three on the tree, but aside from that it is very solid. The guy who has it is not a MOPAR guy and wants to sell. Would like to make an offer, but don't know where to begin. It runs and drives and has all the chrome.

Thanks, Rev. Mopar

Does it run, move, stop, and steer? How well? How many miles? Is it stock of modified? Interior condition? Rust? Paint condition? Good tires? What options? Color? Decent chrome? Possessed by evil demons? Clear title? ....... ?

Pending details, I'd say somewhere between $300 and $25000.

Start with a low offer.

Think I have answered most of those questions, but, here goes. It runs very well, has good (or as good as old drum brakes can be) brakes, suspension is tight (manual steering), stance is correct (not all saggy and low) Chrome and brightwork is all there, straight and shiny. Car is/was dark blue in color but is dull now. Owner got it from a friends who passed away and that guy WAS a MOPAR guy. Owner now asking $6000. Don't know if I even want to play.

70000 miles. Stock unmodified, three speed on the column. manual steering and brakes.

If it is not rusty. 6K for a running, driving, 70000 mile, 2 door, mid 60's Mopar is a smokin deal imo. Offer the guy less and see what happens......

rust free is essential ....... also, condition of all the trim, bumpers, and little odds and ends can make a big difference

6 would be top end imo, but still worth it if it's driveable

pretty solid

THIS...... Unfortunately the term pretty solid is meaningless, because depending on whether you are selling or buying, it gets really exploited both ways. You gotta get under the car and look..... is it rusty???. floors, trunk, frame stubs, etc... #1 issue right there.... if the car hasn't been cut up or cut on, and there's no rust, then heck I'm salivating for it myself lol, no matter what the drivetrain is. Anything else is pretty easily dealt with...mechanical stuff is everywhere....body stuff is nowhere. I can imagine a really solid car like that going for 10-15 thousand dollars...It would have to be more like cream puff material to get much more based on your description thus far. HTH, Lefty71

***EDIT*** Since you started another thread with the same subject material (please don't do that!!), I see you are now describing a car worth less.... less for sure!

Auto Transport Service
Back