• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Tire Pressure Should I Run With 65 Belvedere II? Bias & Radial

Paul Cotton

Local time
11:43 AM
Reaction score
These are probably the dumbest questions ever posted on this forum. However I need some guidance on the correct tire pressure to run on my 65 Belvedere II. I am running BF Goodrich P205x70/R15's on the front and Mickey Thompson 28x10.5/15LT's on the back. Both BF Goodrich and Mickey Thompson websites tell me to run the air pressure that Plymouth recommended for the car. Well, those air pressures are for bias ply tires. So, I am assuming I should go with some number around 30 psi for both front and rear tires. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Second question, is it safe to run this combination of tires? I remember from years back a guy racing a high performance Camaro near St. Louis with radials on the front and bias ply slicks on the rear. He crashed and the blame was pointing to the unsafe combination of radial and bias ply tires. Any help with be welcome.
Bel 2.jpg

Chalk the tire drive a block and look at what wears off
outside to low centre to high
every one is different

The fronts should have a recommended pressure on the side wall...the rears....don't know....I run 32 on all my radials...less on the rear drag radials

I have radials on the front and bias on the back. No issues.
Yes, every car is different with regards to weight, tire etc.

I have radials on the front and bias on the back. No issues.
Yes, every car is different with regards to weight, tire etc.

I have the same, it's recommended not to run bias on one side of the axle and radial on the other. But front and rear are ok.

Typically Bias plys run at a lower pressure than radial. My 66' recommends 26 LBS on a polyester tire. 32 On a radial.

I ran alot of bias ply tires on my Mopars like any of us older persons on here and always ran 32psi (max inflation) on front and rear axle tires. I found the rides a little harder with 32psi but it takes the sway out of the side walls on the bias tires. Never had any early center wear out on the bias ply or sidewall failure on the older radial tires. They also don't grab expansion joints and grooves in the road surface so badly. Radials are fine on the front with bias on the rear, just not mixed on the same axle. Just have a good 2 axle alignment shot on your vehicle to get the max tire wear and handling out of it especially if you have changed ride heights.

Auto Transport Service
Back