• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What to bring to a car show?

1 MEAN66

Local time
9:03 AM
Reaction score
We ( Rebecca & I )of course bring the car! We do not bring a tent or canopy. Drinks, snacks, etc. are brought. Our walking shoes are also brought to see the other car, trucks, and bikes. Theses are all standard things that come with us. HOWEVER:
We have added a place to have the young people enjoy the cars being shown, especially ours. We invite all comer's to come and climb into our ride and enjoy it. The under 5 group seems to like to drive it ( sit on the front seat and "see-saw" the wheel). Little bit older ( 6 - 10 or so) play with all the shifters, turn the key and play with the buttons ( car has a master cut off so not much can happen). And they ( girls & boys) love climb over the " MONKEY BARS" into the rear of the car. Parents take advantage and take pictures. But the smiles on the kids faces young and old - let us know that by doing this, that vehicles will no longer be seen as transportation to them, they even may remember the one that they got inside of at a car show. Those have been able to do this, will no longer have to be "dragged" to a car show, as maybe the pink car with "monkey bars" might be there. One 4 year old was back every 10 minutes or so with his mom in tow. We were told "even his Granddad won't let him in his car. About the 6th time back she told us that we had created a MONSTER! But it will help to keep cars alive in their memories and maybe teach the factories to do like MOPAR has done and start building special vehicles again. How many of you remember driving? When we got to be about six my Dad would open the garage door so we could see where we were going! How many Dad's let ya all sit in their lap and actually steer the wheel of a "moving" car? Attached you will see a shot of our ride with a visitor ( name unknown) on board, and our new display sign! This past show a week ago had as many as six at a time in it!

Car Show Warning.JPG Car show visitor (4).JPG

Last edited:
Beer. Chairs. Suntan lotion. Take pics.

If not much shade a umbrella comes in handy.
I thought monkey bars and see-saws have been outlawed.

I also let the kids clime in my car, makes their day at the show that much better.

D80E1992-8BFF-4C1B-87CA-76702A3E59A7.jpeg

The kids love my daughter's Transformers Camaro. We invite them to sit in it and have their parents take pictures. Shade is a must at this elevation. The sun is wicked at 7500.

We also invite kids to sit and drive our car. I am a little watchful of heater controls and the push button shifter. I agree with you, saying their eyes light up and big smiles.

[QUOTE="] Shade is a must at this elevation. The sun is wicked at 7500.[/QUOTE]
Agree, I always have shade up here, with lots of water.

Take a cooler
Some chairs
A Bluetooth speaker
A power bank
And a fully charged phone to play music

Glad you enjoy that, but I don’t like it. Too young. Then they think,they can do that to any car at a show. Seen it happen.
My dad was a car guy and we were taught respect the car and others property. Wasn’t allowed behind the wheel until about 14 years old. I like car just fine as an adult.

One thing I try to have is extra water for the dogs. I try not to go in the heat of the day but even later in the evening you could fry an egg on the concrete/asphalt.
I feel so bad for the dogs and wonder if their owners even contemplate how hot it is in their paws...they certainly aren't walking around barefoot.

If not much shade a umbrella comes in handy.
I thought monkey bars and see-saws have been outlawed.
We tell the single digit kits that my car has Monkey Bars, as most have no idea what a 10 point cage is or any interest in it.- agree that some have never heard of monkey bars., "see-Sawing" is them sitting in the drivers seat, crabbing a hold of the wheel, and turning it right and left ( the center spoke of the wheel resembles a see-saw ).
Didn't you do that when you were little? I thought everyone did.

Last edited:
True. Now-a-days kids can't have fun like we did. Safety and Lawyers makes parents and kids soft.

Glad you enjoy that, but I don’t like it. Too young. Then they think,they can do that to any car at a show. Seen it happen.
My dad was a car guy and we were taught respect the car and others property. Wasn’t allowed behind the wheel until about 14 years old. I like car just fine as an adult.
I agree 100%!!! It is mention to all of them, that this only happens in this car, and only if your parents are with you. something they all seem to understand is; It's just like all of your friends have different rules at their house, and when you are in their house you have to obey their rules. Always ask! Most people will say no. But when you see this pink car you stop and ask.

These kids in cars remind me of how things used to be. Mom could park the car downtown and leave us in it, no big deal. She had a 1956 Ford, not as fancy as this one shown on the internet. While waiting for Mom I would sit with my legs through the bottom part of the steering and my hands on top. Then I would rock myself like crazy using the play in the steering wheel.

ford.jpg

Cooler with cold beverages
Lawn chair
Shade
Detailing supplies
Comfortable footwear
Hat

Auto Transport Service
Back