• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what's the best way to ship a car door across the country?

SteveSS

Local time
6:57 AM
Reaction score
I found a car door I want in Florida. The seller listed it as pick-up only but he will drive it to a local shipper. I would have to pay to have it packed and shipped. I have no experience in shipping large car parts. Has anyone done this cost-effectively?

I went to a tractor dealership and got a big pallet from them to ship a hood it fit inside the pallet. They gave it to me for free. They had different sizes and thickness’s. Kim

I have shipped doors and fenders through Greyhound bus lines for far less than what you'd pay at UPS or any other common shipping company.

^^ 2nd the above. Many years ago had a fender shipped to me via Greyhound

i also had a door for my 68 satellite shipped grey hound from Texas to Ontario Canada best and least expensive back then

Also shipping using greyhound cheap but he will need to pack up it for you

Best way? In the back of your SUV and enjoy the roadtrip, or fly out and drive it home in a rented SUV.

Best way? In the back of your SUV and enjoy the roadtrip, or fly out and drive it home in a rented SUV.

Not a bad idea. When he stops at night, he could go to the local cinemas and take in the latest bad movies and write the reviews here.

Auto Transport Service
Back