• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what's the stall on a tci 141503 converter mated to a 360 engine?

Street fighter

Local time
3:48 AM
Reaction score
I have a tci 141503 convertor in my 73 360 charger that I believe have gone bad,I can head it knocking when idling.It is no longer sold so I want to know what is the stall speed on it and is the tci 141500 the same but need the flex plate to balance the engine. small Edbrock 280-280 cam.

Last edited:
Much depends on how much power the engine is making.
I also could not find the part with the number given above.

Do you have the trans out? If not get it pulled & give everything a look over. You might have a cracked flexplate.

I believed that also but once I pulled the trans I found it to be ok so I replaced the stall with a b&m 10416 that have a stall of 2000 along with the flex plate needed to balance the engine. The car ran grate before the new stall install great response. but now it seems to need more paddle to move the car,the TCI stall had a stall of 1600-1800 do I have too much stall to get the car moving? it runs weak no get up at all, I want my old charger back.keep in mind tci no longer sales the 141503 stall.

I believed that also but once I pulled the trans I found it to be ok so I replaced the stall with a b&m 10416 that have a stall of 2000 along with the flex plate needed to balance the engine. The car ran grate before the new stall install great response. but now it seems to need more paddle to move the car,the TCI stall had a stall of 1600-1800 do I have too much stall to get the car moving? it runs weak no get up at all, I want my old charger back.keep in mind tci no longer sales the 141503 stall.

Auto Transport Service
Back