• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wheel Back--Space Info Needed

This 8.0" steel wheel does measure 9" wide wheel rim outside edge to wheel rim outside edge.

This 8.0" steel wheel does measure 9" wide wheel rim outside edge to wheel rim outside edge.
Aah! Then their offset # is right.
The wheel you want is 63-581204, correct? The wrong one is THE SAME PART #, except for a "2" on the end, 63-5812042. Which # are they sending you? (There is a price difference too. What are they charging you?)

negative is "deep dish", and positive is hiding most of the tire in under the car?
Remember the Chrome Reverse wheels of the old days ? Negative !

See how deep this wheel is ? I had these made many moons ago by Stockton Wheel
I wanted 15x7 small bolt pattern chrome wheels.What I didn't know was to ask for standard offset.
As you can see I got "Reverse". Luck-a-lee they worked fine only rubbed on the upper outer wheel house with 4 people in the car on turns.
IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

I wanted 15x7 small bolt pattern chrome wheels.What I didn't know was to ask for standard offset.
As you can see I got "Reverse". Luck-a-lee they worked fine only rubbed on the upper outer wheel house with 4 people in the car on turns.View attachment 1291093
View attachment 1291094
Cool looking Valiant!!!

@70rcode Also make sure both sides of the car is the same. Found out my 71 Cuda wasn't when I went to fit a set of 15x8 wheels I made up....had to adjust the right side offset a good 1/2" from the left side.

As you can see I got "Reverse". Luck-a-lee they worked fine only rubbed on the upper outer wheel house with 4 people in the car on turns.View attachment 1291093
View attachment 1291094
Chrome reverse wheels were the first custom wheels I ever bought, for my 55 chevy high-school car. If I remember right (it was more than a couple weeks ago, lol) they were $13 each.

The wheels I ordered & labeled on received shipping cartons is 63-581204......Thx for the right & left side spacing check differences & I will check both sides !!

I was charged $ 157.99. each wheel..

This particular factory Dana 60 is giving me 'bout 1/4" more spring clearance on passenger side, but glad I measured both...These Summit wheels must be

Back-Spacing must've been built measured to inside Lip/Bead wall to mounting hub distance.....Not to Lip Edge as the Summit sales staff insist..... Don't know if this is just Wheel Vintiques measuring issue, but if you have a critical BS fitment going, might be something to look out for...

Happy 4" Back-Spacing Saga ending !! Finally,. Received (from Summit) a pair of Correctly measuring 4.0" BS Oem wheels # 658--5812--400 with help from Gabriel at U. S. Wheels, Ca. !!.... Gabriel actually took time to Measure, verify & return call the wheels correct 4.0" BS info....He then watched for my Summit drop ship order to assure all was per order !! ... Wheels look great & better than photo/expected !! Highly recommend Gabriel @ U.S. Wheel to deal with on tire/wheel issues...

Happy 4" Back-Spacing Saga ending !! Finally,. Received (from Summit) a pair of Correctly measuring 4.0" BS Oem wheels # 658--5812--400 with help from Gabriel at U. S. Wheels, Ca. !!.... Gabriel actually took time to Measure, verify & return call the wheels correct 4.0" BS info....He then watched for my Summit drop ship order to assure all was per order !! ... Wheels look great & better than photo/expected !! Highly recommend Gabriel @ U.S. Wheel to deal with on tire/wheel issues...
Happy endings, and post followup! is always welcome! Good job!

Dart6 , I have 3 14 x 6 small bolt chrome reverse , they are somewhat rusty , but they maybe able to be rechromed , if they would be of help to you. One may have a slight run out , but they are cheap.

Frank

Auto Transport Service
Back