• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wheelhouse questions

kingzj

Local time
3:52 PM
Reaction score
How close is a 68 gtx outer wheelhouse to a 67 belvedere 2 outer wheelhouse?

Thanks. Anyone compare 67 dart and belvedere outers?

Also a lot different. A-body versus B-body. Body parts simply do NOT interchange between car lines.

You will need to find '66 or '67 Plymouth "B"-body wheelhouses. A '66-'67 Dodge "B"-body would be your only other possibility; but even then, those may be different.

im hoping to graft about 2-3 inches onto my originals the outer lip is gone. I was hoping to find something with a outer lip that is close to save a lot of fab time. im not going for a restoration just functional and decent looking when finished.

I ordered the '67 Dart outer and the body guy that did mine used a 'patch' cut from it.

Anybody ever successfully cut out a rear outer and compare it side by side with another model that is available? What is the closest to a 66 67 belvedere outer out their? I have a very hard time believing that they are so different that a few modifications wouldn't work. I'm new to this but thier has to be an option other than getting completely bent over for a used one. Freaking aftermarket hopefully catches up sometime.

66/67 Plymouth B body may in fact be those two years and that body only.

66/67 Dodge B (non-Charger) inner is probably the same but if you look at the outers, you'll notice the wheel lip is different.

The "arc" appears the same, but the Plymouth has an outward bulge, where the Dodge is flush with the rest of the quarter panel "plane" at that height.

The good news for you is that 2 door and 4 door (66/67 Plymouth and non-Charger Dodge B body) wells are the same.

The extra good news is that because of the design of the 4 door window and C pillar, they are MUCH less likely to rust than a 2 door.

I find rust free 4 door 66-67 'B' cars all the time. It's crazy!

I should clarify that 66/67 Plymouth 2 door and 4 door are the same and 66/67 Dodge (non-Charger) 2 door and 4 door are the same.

Lowest price I have found is 750 for 2 wheelhouses with out shipping.

Auto Transport Service
Back