• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where the H3Ll does this mount?? Window Glass Up Stop Bumper

VitaMeVas

Local time
9:27 AM
Reaction score
I've rebuilt my doors, but I still have this plastic piece that I can't find in my doors. It's called a Door Window Up Stop Bumper. I've looked through my 68 B Body factory manual, but can't find exactly where it's supposed to mount. It appears to have mounted somewhere with a screw.

IMG_6032.jpeg

IMG_6043.jpeg

My door tear down.
Satie DS Door Teardown 112823 .jpeg

My door did have a metal bracket "Up Stop" held on with 2 bolts. I did replace the thick rubber band on the end.
DS Door UpStop New 120623.jpeg

Maybe my doors didn't come with these? Any help would be appreciated. Again .... I have the 68 factory manual and have gone through the different versions. Just can't seem to figure this one out. I'm sure it's something simple/stupid.

Isn't that the one that pushes through the door glass? Bottom corner kinda,?

Doesnt that extra hole in the glass give you a clue?

door glasscccccccccccccccccc.jpg

Installed after your vent frame and glass is in place... on a 69 and 70 at least. Maybe '68 just uses that bracket in your hand..IDK.
beerestoration2019 2814.JPG
beerestoration2019 2816.JPG
beerestoration2019 2817.JPG
beerestoration2019 2956.JPG
beerestoration2019 2957.JPG

I did not see it shown in the 69 manual neither.

From what I see 68 has many differences than 69. Possibly an original 68 door glass does not have a hole for the stop. I assumed 68-70 was interchangeable. 69-70 oem May fit 68 but 68 oem may not fit 69-70. Here are some pics showing the differences. 68 on the left. Also 69-70 does not use the bracket he shows. Looks like the size puts them on top of each other. 68 top 69 bottom.

68 door.JPG

69 door glass.JPG

Thanks to everyone!!! Here’s my 68 glass. Bottom center hole takes the plastic plug rivot to attach it to the window crank mechanism. Front 2 holes are for the felt piece with the white plastic guides. No ‘other’ hole in my 68 glass. (See below)
IMG_6055.jpeg

Guess I’m ’Special’ just like mom said.
Thanks again everyone!

68 doesn't use it... Instead it uses the up stop bracket pictured in the four picture of post #1... That bracket contacts a tab on the regulator... The tab was eliminated on later regulators...

Auto Transport Service
Back