• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where were you, In the summer of '73? American Graffitti turns 50 years old.

Summer of 73, i was still in the city of Waterbury, CT. where i grew up, just waiting a few more weeks into September, after Labor Day, waiting to go into the Air Force, with my delayed enlistment date.
Did 7 years, from 73 to 80.

Pretty small world, I'm about 1/2 hr south of there. Make any trips to Holy Land? Thanks for your service!

73, was only 4 years old.

I've seen lots of Mopars do it too, either a worn out sure-grip/posi or an open rear end with the spiders binding on a galled cross shaft....
Yah but this is a Mopar site, get it?

I had just graduated HS and dad and I went to see a kid I knew from school who had a 65 Dodge Coronet 500 2 door hardtop for sale. Paid him $25 and we hooked a chain on it and pulled it home. 318 had a broken piston. Bored it .030, turned the crank and she was good as new. Drove it for a couple of years.

August of 73...If I wasn't mowing the lawn, I was pounding on my Suzuki TS 125. And I was dreading the start of school in a couple of weeks whilst doing both. And even when sleeping.

I didn't see the movie 'first time around'; but when it came back in town as a "second run'' in about another year or so, I did get to see it. Loved it. Bought the soundtrack album and wore the grooves off of it. Saw the film 99 times at a theatre in the late 70s and into the early 80s [at midnight movies]. Bought the VCR tape as soon as dad bought a VCR. Wore the first one out. Bought my second copy of the album. Got the 8track. Then the cassette. Still watch it anytime it might appear on the tube, or at least any time I know of it as I watch very little TV. Still my favourite movie ever. Well, co-equal with The Quiet Man maybe, but I love it. Still say "Who dis on da Wolfman's telephone...?!" about half the time when my phone rings. :)

Didja know there are 3 very slightly different versions? The original film was cut by some 4 or 5 minutes for the original release. Then a couple of scenes were added back in. Then the whole thing was released on video. At least thats the order I remember...but don't quote me. But there ARE 3 very slightly different versions out there. [same film, just some scenes edited out for different releases] There's a really good site or two out there that have the details if you're really curious.

I was still in my daddy balls sack in 73 lol. The 55 Chevy is definitely one of the most iconic cars that GM ever put on the road. My moms 1st cousin gave me her husbands 55 210. I had plans on restoring but my millionaire uncle bugged the **** out of me for it. On promises that I’d let him have it only if he painted it back the original color and original like interior and he said he would but in the end he lied to me. My uncle restored the car and painted it that bright blue and white 2 tone you see every 55 painted and 90,s style shitty interior to match the paint. To make a Long story short, my brother ended up getting the car back thank goodness and ill probably end up buying it back off Of him. He painted it back the original color and plans on redoing the interior to original blue unless I get the car first and do it myself. I have the pics and bill of sale when he bought it with just a few miles on it in 58. It still had the original chrome emblem from the dealership where it was sold and it was sent off to be rechromed. He still has a few things left to do to it. It has a 350 with efi, AC and a 700 R4

2B6A025F-1557-4A35-95BB-AE5E621A020E.jpeg

E2740F83-1859-467A-92DE-C717D0A2360D.jpeg

87BA9BDC-C347-4A1E-8FD3-64567758F57A.jpeg

18EC839C-ED08-4C98-AA85-6A9FE023D897.jpeg

8B2514F8-7A30-42BA-B23A-B28BA0705F2A.jpeg

9C4D145A-A0A3-4E1C-A9CA-DCAF689C63C1.jpeg

E6DDEC3C-4BFD-4B42-BC9E-4FB5EA468516.jpeg

I believe my uncle had the complete set or nearly complete.
Some of the few parts of his collection that I didn't get after his death.
I always thought they were neat.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

A1No ArtistKLIF News Headlines
A2Joey Dee & The StarlitersPeppermint Twist1:54
A3The ShirellesSoldier Boy2:40
A4No ArtistKLIF Summer Spectacular
A5Don Gardner & Dee Dee FordI Need Your Lovin'2:57
A6No ArtistThis Knight's Bullseye
A7Bruce ChannelHey Baby2:14
A8No ArtistKLIF Master Control
A9The Sensations (2)Let Me In2:53
A10No ArtistSkyland Crysler Commercial
A11Shelley FabaresJohnny Angel2:05
A12No ArtistKLIF Station I.D.
B1Gene ChandlerDuke Of Earl2:13
B2Barbara LynnYou'll Lose A Good Thing2:25
B3No ArtistGillette Commercial
B4Dion (3)The Wanderer2:40
B5No ArtistKLIF E.S.P. Promo
B6James DarrenGoodbye Cruel World2:19
B7No ArtistFlying High In The Dallas Sky
B8Brian HylandSealed With A Kiss2:38
B9No ArtistKLIF D.J. Trading Stamp Promo
B10Little EvaLocomotion2:12

...and here it is...all 43 minutes of it.

Check out track A10.

I was either working the 1 acre garden, cutting grass or riding my hodaka 125

Well I was 9 years old and we lived in the Bay Area. Probably doing normal kid stuff and doing some fishing

missed it altogether, until heaps later. but Van Nuys Blvd (1979),got me
-nuys-blvd-1979-2020-03-08_03-25-24_158892-480x721.jpg

Last edited:
It was the worst year of my life.
Scared, lonely, filled with anxiety
and despair. Just out of a rehab
center after shere determination
got me to standing on my own two
feet again. Very painful time in my
life, both emotionally and physically.
Broke my neck @17 one year
previous.
Never got to watch American Graffiti
until 2 years after its' release.
Great movie. A piece of the puzzle
that decided my lifes' future.

I was 11 and probably blowing stuff up with firecrackers and playing Evel Knevil on my banana bike.
My brother-in-law had a 55 Chevy with "searching for Milner" airbrushed on the lower corner of the decklid.

Gus

73. I was a freshman at South Park High School, Buffalo NY. So at +/-14 years old was probably scoping out the girls I may have recently discovered a liking for.

Auto Transport Service
Back