• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WHICH WHEELS?

Thought I'd update this. I THOUGHT I HAD BOUGHT THIS 64 but on the day it was to be delivered the owner calls and says they went to load on trailer but the trans is locked up, WTF? Checks back in a couple days and says not sure the problem Long story short he sent my money back and I never got that car
BUT I just got this MaxWedge clone yesterday 9/11

View attachment 1165649 View attachment 1165650 View attachment 1165651
Looks very nice. And I'm sure you're happy you didn't get the other car

Is that what you call it. If you blow the other guy's tires off with it then we don't care what color it is. LOL.

Is that what you call it. If you blow the other guy's tires off with it then we don't care what color it is. LOL.

It's a very stunning House of Colors Hot pearl pink. It's more magenta not a light pink but my friends like to kid me on it. So it's all good

It's a very stunning House of Colors Hot pearl pink. It's more magenta not a light pink but my friends like to kid me on it. So it's all good
You could add a hot pink stripe, like this one of one challenger.

20210911_163954.jpg 20210911_164006.jpg

Thought I'd update this. I THOUGHT I HAD BOUGHT THIS 64 but on the day it was to be delivered the owner calls and says they went to load on trailer but the trans is locked up, WTF? Checks back in a couple days and says not sure the problem Long story short he sent my money back and I never got that car
BUT I just got this MaxWedge clone yesterday 9/11

View attachment 1165649 View attachment 1165650 View attachment 1165651

Had forgotten about this. Opened the trunk today and the PO had gotten signatures from Dale Armstrong and Don Prudome snake funny car
These are on the underside of the trunk

thumbnail (10).jpg thumbnail (11).jpg

WOW... what a great looking car! And normally I dislike that colour...
Anyway, while you cant go wrong with TorqThrusts or Cragar S/S, how about considering some polished Radirs? Period correct, a little different and made here. Or, the Rocket Strike is similar, but made in redchina. :( Chrome reverse is very period correct, but getting hard to find. What youve got looks good, but I understand wanting to look more 'period'.
Anything but black or steel with dogdishes imnsho. :)

WOW... what a great looking car! And normally I dislike that colour...
Anyway, while you cant go wrong with TorqThrusts or Cragar S/S, how about considering some polished Radirs? Period correct, a little different and made here. Or, the Rocket Strike is similar, but made in redchina. :( Chrome reverse is very period correct, but getting hard to find. What youve got looks good, but I understand wanting to look more 'period'.
Anything but black or steel with dogdishes imnsho. :)

When I started this thread I was asking about wheels for the 64 that had polished salt flats that would have to go BUT the car i did get, 1963 Fury the wheels on it are staying put. It has the USA made American Racing Torq thrust originals that are 14 years old but look like they were bought last week. I did change tires and put 275/60/15 mickey Thompson S/S tires which are great. I haven't taken any pictures though

When I started this thread I was asking about wheels for the 64 that had polished salt flats that would have to go BUT the car i did get, 1963 Fury the wheels on it are staying put. It has the USA made American Racing Torq thrust originals that are 14 years old but look like they were bought last week. I did change tires and put 275/60/15 mickey Thompson S/S tires which are great. I haven't taken any pictures though
If Id just read a little closer and pay attention to who's posting what, I wouldnt look QUITE so stupid... :D
I like your 63 better anyway, not that it matters. Looks great as is. Many congratulations on a great new car.:thumbsup:

If Id just read a little closer and pay attention to who's posting what, I wouldnt look QUITE so stupid... :D

Not at all, that's we we discuss things, so to speak.

I like your 63 better anyway, not that it matters. Looks great as is. Many congratulations on a great new car.:thumbsup:

It is way better cost a little more but has way more which made it a great bargain, couldn't be happier, well a 4 speed would have been the ultimate for me.

20180209_151114.jpg
123_12.jpeg

This is the 60's look IMO.

Torque thrusts debuted for street use in 1963. Can NOT go wrong with torque thrusts on anything.
The torque thrust D came out in 1965, with curved spokes for corvette disc brake clearance.

Last edited:
Torque thrusts debuted for street use in 1963. Can NOT go wrong with torque thrusts on anything.
The torque thrust D came out in 1965, with curved spokes for corvette disc brake clearance.

Have to agree ESPECIALLY with the older MADE IN USA torq thrusts, they not painted like the current China ones
IMG_1341.jpg
thumbnail (18).jpg

Have to agree ESPECIALLY with the older MADE IN USA torq thrusts, they not painted like the current China onesView attachment 1220757 View attachment 1220758
I think you will find the painted ones are two piece. I hade some custom tt2's made cause the one piece 15x10s had too much backspace, and weren't wide enough.
The 15x12s came through painted, two piece (obviously), and made in usa.

20190604_131421.jpg

I think you will find the painted ones are two piece. I hade some custom tt2's made cause the one piece 15x10s had too much backspace, and weren't wide enough.
The 15x12s came through painted, two piece (obviously), and made in usa.

View attachment 1220778

All the 1 piece TTO and D's are painted, all made in China now

Auto Transport Service
Back