• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who sells the "correct" Vertical Quarter Window Seals for 67 Charger?

Dean Prevolos

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:39 AM
Reaction score
I bought a pair from Authentic Restoration and the channel on the seal is too large and does not stay in place on my verticle trim. The piece is clearly not the same as the original. I bought a pair from Detroit Muscle and they are 4 inches longer than my originals. The channel looks close but At $54.95 + shipping $10.75, I don't want to cut the seals and not have them fit. I'd rather return for my refund. Any suggestions are welcome. I'd like to install before I install the Quarter vWindows back in the car. My original part # 2784003. Thank you.

Is this the item VS7AFL that you bought from Detroit muscle?
Are your originals flocked or unflocked?
Do these look right?

I bought mine from Steele and they are close but not quite right either. No chance they will fall out but it's impossible to roll up the door window with the quarter window closed.

I bought a pair from Authentic Restoration and the channel on the seal is too large and does not stay in place on my verticle trim. The piece is clearly not the same as the original. I bought a pair from Detroit Muscle and they are 4 inches longer than my originals. The channel looks close but At $54.95 + shipping $10.75, I don't want to cut the seals and not have them fit. I'd rather return for my refund. Any suggestions are welcome. I'd like to install before I install the Quarter vWindows back in the car. My original part # 2784003. Thank you.
Anything that I have purchased from DMT worked. Can’t remember, but think you should be able to put the seal in, then trim the excess if necessary.

@69bfan

Richard often has the best advice on weatherstrip. Hopefully he'll see this, he's been busy elsewhere lately.

Is this the item VS7AFL that you bought from Detroit muscle?
Are your originals flocked or unflocked?
Do these look right?
[/URL]
Yes I bought the VS7AFL and they are 4 inches longer than my originals. Yes mine were flocked so I ordered flocked. Also, the channel looks wider than the original. Redbeard tells me that Summit has the seals for 67-69 Hardtop for $23.95. I paid Detroit Muscle $54.95 Plus 10.75 shipping for seals that are 4inches longer than the original. I'd rather return and buy the correct finished length.

Well, Soffseal has been bought and making changes. RPUI or First Place Auto Parts seems to be the buyer. Also, their quarter window seals do not match up to the 66-67 Charger quarter windows. One will have to trim and make modifications. Looks like the 1023 seal is the closest.

If you want it to be just like original, I think original (NOS) is your only option.
They're all cut to fit as far as I know.
like trunk strip, upper door weather strip etc.

Just came from working some on my windows. I was able to use the CH1023 Soffseal without cutting to fit.

Good to know. I ended up installing the Detroit Muscle Tech seals and cutting the seal length after installation.

Auto Transport Service
Back