• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Window regulators

roadrunner400

Local time
7:08 PM
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Here are my questions
1. Are door regulators left or right?
2. are b bodies different from others
i have a 71 satellite i cannot role window down even with the top of door no more range in regulator.
thanks for help

mike

i have a 71 satellite i cannot role window down even with the top of door no more range in regulator.
thanks for help

mike
The short answer Mike is they are different.

I just spent a couple weeks chasing my tail with that exact situation with my '74 SE. I ended up taking the glass out of each door completely then mounting the regulators and running them full up and down. It was pretty obvious which regulator went in which door. From there, if you have not had the carrier assembly separated from the glass it should be no problem. If you have had the two apart and accidently get them turned around end for end it's a real mind blowing experience. The key to getting the carrier on correctly is to have the guide end that looks like someone had cut some off the one end on the end closest to the door hinge. If you get that turned around the guide will fall out when window is all the way down.

Hope that helps.

I have a regulator out of a 67 satellite and the crank mechanism sticks out further than one for a 67 coronet.

The short answer Mike is they are different.

I just spent a couple weeks chasing my tail with that exact situation with my '74 SE. I ended up taking the glass out of each door completely then mounting the regulators and running them full up and down. It was pretty obvious which regulator went in which door. From there, if you have not had the carrier assembly separated from the glass it should be no problem. If you have had the two apart and accidently get them turned around end for end it's a real mind blowing experience. The key to getting the carrier on correctly is to have the guide end that looks like someone had cut some off the one end on the end closest to the door hinge. If you get that turned around the guide will fall out when window is all the way down.

Hope that helps.

thanks for help

mike
Left and right are different. B-bodies are different. The units do have some adjustment, there is a "stop" that can be moved. I'm not sure how accessible it is though. Given the leverage of the arm you would only have to move the stop a minute amount to change the amount the window drops - maybe just loosen off the bolts that hold the mechanism to the door and see if it moves enough to accomplish what you want.

Thanks i will check that out. Ill keep you posted
The adjustable stop is for UP position. Down is set by pad at the full down position. Something is preventing the carrier to go that far down Mike.

I finished getting the passenger side door panels installed today. Slow but sure we're getting there!!
4-29-2023 Pax Panels.JPG

Seems dumb to have to set the "up" limit on anything but a ragtop !!

Anyhow, here's what I was referring to. The one in the first photo is a cam - adjusted by the screw in the second photo

IMG_5997.JPG

IMG_5998.JPG

What vehicle and year model does your photo apply to? Here is a 1974 Charger SE. Front one is the Driver side and rear one is the Passenger side

3-19-2023 CENTER 2.JPG

thanks for help

mike
71 rear quarter windows are unique. The fronts interchange 71-74.

I just finished converting my 71 Satellite Sebring to 74 Sebring plus electric tinted windows front and back.

Photos are '69 Plymouth B-body. I realize the vehicle difference, just pointing out the workings of the mechanisms.

I also have the same issue with my 72, passenger side goes all the way to the bottom when I remove the rubber stop.
But when assembling the Drivers side the the regulator arm pops off the end even if I only have the window half rolled down.

OP did you ever get it figured out?

Auto Transport Service
Back