• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Windshield Shipping Prices

Detroit Iron

Local time
6:18 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to get a windshield shipped at a reasonable price? The price is roughly the same be it directly shipped from AMD, or purchasing on another site Summit Racing, Classic Industries etc.... Shipping is the same price as the windshield. That's a tough one to swallow.

I've found a local auto glass company, that will provide and replace my windshield for less than what i can buy one for. May be the same by you.

Pilkington and Pgw have glass warehouses in major cities if you are just looking to buy a windshield. Local glass shops can get and install, but you would be wise to call some restoration shop and ask who they would use to replace classic glass.
Recently I was talking to a young glass tech and he didn't know what the tool for removing the chrome trim around the windshield was or how it was used.

I work on a veriety of classic cars and have had good luck with American glass , good prices , drive over and pu at dealer

Depends for what model but I get 71-4B and E body windshields from a local glass shop for 160.00. No shipping cost as I just have them get it with their next order. Easy breezy.

Be careful about buying windshield for classic cars. Some are less thick than stock, and the gasket does not fit well. Also if you want tinted , some are grey at the top and don't look right.................................MO

Auto Transport Service
Back