• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Windshield trim clips

Prorac1

Local time
2:31 AM
Reaction score
While disassembling our 1968 satellite convertible, we discovered a few broken windshield trim clips along the bottom of the windshield.

I can’t seem to find any trim clips that look like these. Plus years of rust don’t help in the id’ing process.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks. Eric L

IMG_4032.jpeg
IMG_3980.jpeg
IMG_3979.jpeg
IMG_3978.jpeg
IMG_3961.jpeg

Google is your friend in this case. Your clips and the posts they attach to are rusted away. The rusted components need replacing first, which I am sure you know. I did a quick search and tons of vendors and clips came up (all the same for that year and model). Identifying them from the remains isnt necesssary.

Good luck with the restoration !

Google is your friend in this case. Your clips and the posts they attach to are rusted away. The rusted components need replacing first, which I am sure you know. I did a quick search and tons of vendors and clips came up (all the same for that year and model). Identifying them from the remains isnt necesssary.

Good luck with the restoration !

Ok. NOW I get it. Part of its missing.

Another member was describing it over PM/email, but it didn’t look anything like mine. So I was totally lost.

I thought mine was just a different style that slipped into the slot……but that’s just a rust hole. Lol.

IMG_4045.jpeg

Thank you to you and @5wdndcpe for getting this through my thick skull. Lol

Last edited:
While disassembling our 1968 satellite convertible, we discovered a few broken windshield trim clips along the bottom of the windshield.

I can’t seem to find any trim clips that look like these. Plus years of rust don’t help in the id’ing process.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks. Eric L

View attachment 1528987View attachment 1528988View attachment 1528989View attachment 1528990View attachment 1528991
Windshield Molding Clip Set Some 1968 1969-70 B-Body, Moldings Windshield, MP-WMC071568 Reproduction, NOS and Used Mopar Muscle Car Parts
Windshield Molding Clips 1966-67 Some 1968 B-Body, Moldings Windshield, MP-WMC067166 Reproduction, NOS and Used Mopar Muscle Car Parts
There were 2 different bottom clips used in 68, hopefully you have a good one to compare.

From looking at this photo of what’s left of the “large” base. I believe it’s the larger early type

IMG_4049.png
IMG_4046.png

I guess a better way to say it is

In my opinion

This

IMG_4049.png

Plus this

IMG_4048.png

Most closely resembles this
IMG_4046.png

If that makes sense. Lol

Thanks again so much to everyone. I greatly appreciate it.

I think this is what we have to recreate

IMG_4050.jpeg

Thanks again for all the help

If you call Mega, I'm sure Jamie will measure the 2 different clips for you. But, you have some metal replacement to do before you get to far ahead of yourself...

If you call Mega, I'm sure Jamie will measure the 2 different clips for you. But, you have some metal replacement to do before you get to far ahead of yourself...

Thank you sir.

Yeah. We’re so far from needing these clips it’s not even funny.

I’m just tackling problems as I encounter them. Because once I grind all the rust and pieces off it’s gone forever. So I try to research as I discover when it’s fresh.

We have lots and lots of metal replacement we’re planing on doing in the spring.

Right now we’re disassembling and categorizing.

Thanks again for all the help. We greatly appreciate it.

Auto Transport Service
Back