• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wiper Linkage Help?

dodge68charger

Local time
6:59 AM
Reaction score
Hey Guys Does Anyone Have a Close Up Pic Of The Wiper Motor Linkages Under The Dash. Im Working On a 1969 Satellite With a 2-Speed Motor.. Not Sure How The Washers And Lock Clips Go On..

When I Put Power To The Motor To Get It To Park It Doesn’t Move. All Other Positions Do. Thanks

Windscreen Wiper Connection.jpg

Recently went through this on 67 Gtx, 2 /s wiper , no park ! On the motor you will see round plastic cover , mark two reference marks if never removed , then take wires loose, remove this cover , watch out for the big oring seal , and clean and sand brass points well but gently! Reinstall, using your reference marks ! There is a decent explanation of the points operation, in the FSM ! If this cover has been previously removed, you may have to adjust it some what ! Oh , forgot, what I found under the cover is a plastic cam which engages the large driven gear to cause the points to cause a park effect! Not making sufficient contact between this cam and the appropriate spot on the driven gear , gently pushed pin in center of white cover out saving the small retainer clip and found thin spring washers collapsed, cleaned up used white lube and polished stainless washed to reshim , placed retainer clip back on ! Reinstalled correctly! And the sucker works like new , after adjustment for correct park position ! Be careful, none of these parts are available, but some repair guys have the cover , but are very proud of them ! If I can help you more , pm me ! JC

Auto Transport Service
Back