• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wire Harness for engine, neutral safety switch, and front lighting for '73 Dodge B body

Charger Fan

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:13 AM
Reaction score
I just realized the new neutral safety switch wire harness I bought for my '73 Charger w/AC doesn't have a terminal for the blower motor that runs out of the #4 position of the bulk head connector. Most all the places I have checked have the harness without this wire in the connector. Does anyone know if a harness with the correct configuration for cars with air conditioning is available? Same question for the engine harness connector. Position #20 on the bulkhead has a wire for the air conditioner low pressure switch. Is a different harness available for cars with A/C. None of the places I have checked indicate with or w/o A/C. And lastly the forward lighting harness. I have fender mounted turn signals but the harnesses I have seen on-line for my year and body style don't indicate with or w/o fender turn signals. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get the right harnesses for my car?

bulkhead.PNG

Thanks for the info. I am not familiar with a separate AC & Heater harness as far as where it plugs into on the bulkhead disconnect for my '73 Charger. Right now the wire for the AC & Heat blower motor is part of the plug that snaps into the 3,4,7,8 slot. And the same goes with the AC Clutch wire, its part of another plug. How does a separate wire harness work for me? How does it snap into the bulkhead disconnect and fill the role if something is already plugged in that position? Sorry guess I need to be educated on the subject.

Thanks for the info. I am not familiar with a separate AC & Heater harness as far as where it plugs into on the bulkhead disconnect for my '73 Charger. Right now the wire for the AC & Heat blower motor is part of the plug that snaps into the 3,4,7,8 slot. And the same goes with the AC Clutch wire, its part of another plug. How does a separate wire harness work for me? How does it snap into the bulkhead disconnect and fill the role if something is already plugged in that position? Sorry guess I need to be educated on the subject.
Well for starters look at your harness and see whats in the plug. Yes they plug into two different connectors. Just like it came from the factory. All your questions have been answered so buy the harness and install it.

If you already have a usable blower motor and A/C clutch harness, just remove the male Packard’s from the old bulkhead connector and transfer them to the new one connector in the same position. The A/C related harnesses were meant as add-ons to any other harnesses, not going to find repos of both harnesses already connected together.

Removing male Packard’s, just pinch the edges together with some needle nose pliers, pull out.

Auto Transport Service
Back