• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wiring diagram

Stucat

Local time
2:05 AM
Reaction score
Good evening all. I am working on my 69 Charger I purchased a few years back in boxes. Guy took it apart to restore and lost interest, and yes took it apart and didn't tag anything. My ? is does anyone know where I can find info on the wiring harnesses. The ones I have r in great condition, can still read the part numbers. The wires, connections and casing r in good condition. The back light harness is easy to figure out where all the connections go. My issue is with the fire wall back is where to all the connector's go. Is there and diagram, pictures or colored coded wire info as the what connect's to what? Like dash connection? switch connector's and what they look like. Thanks

Good evening all. I am working on my 69 Charger I purchased a few years back in boxes. Guy took it apart to restore and lost interest, and yes took it apart and didn't tag anything. My ? is does anyone know where I can find info on the wiring harnesses. The ones I have r in great condition, can still read the part numbers. The wires, connections and casing r in good condition. The back light harness is easy to figure out where all the connections go. My issue is with the fire wall back is where to all the connector's go. Is there and diagram, pictures or colored coded wire info as the what connect's to what? Like dash connection? switch connector's and what they look like. Thanks

My Mopar has online service manuals and wiring diagrams.

becarefull with diagrams uploaded at Mymopar. Some years are incorrect.. most of them 72 and laters.

better get the FSM which they also have uploaded for some years

In the process of installing new wiring on my 69 Charger as well. Let me know if I can help you in your endeavour. Everything starts with the firewall bulkhead connector and the under dash wiring.

Mike

Mike , who did you get the harness from? Are you doing the complete car? I have the original harness in great condition, has been in storage for about 20 years. Trying to figure where each connector goes? Thanks

I bought a color coded wiring diagram from Classic car wiring. Costs about $20 bucks but is a great help in figuring out what goes where. They are laminated so will last a lifetime. I had my dash out and on the bench when I did mine so easy-peasy. The underhood harness can only fit one way so are easy to figure out. Here is a pic of the one I got for my 68.

100_6779.JPG

M & H Wiring for the most part, with some aftermarket pieces thrown in for modifications I made to the vehicle.

Do you have some specific questions, or just want to know where to start?

Mike

Mike ,I have the original harness's that the previous removed about 20 years ago. I tested and looked over the harnesses , r ok. They packages all the parts. But no labels as to where each wire goes. The wires must be colored coded to what they plug into? That's what I am trying to figure out. I can read the factory part number label. Any help or info would be great. As sixpackto said , maybe that diagram has the correct colored coded wires also? I read on another post that some diagrams have the wrong colored wire? Thanks

Lay your main under dash harness out on a table and take some detailed pics of it showing clear shots of the terminal ends and I will help identify what they connect to. You can send the pics directly to me at [email protected]

Where would you get a 69 charger factory manual?

mnewell337, will send pics next weeks as I am with my mom, 91. Getting her moved in to the nursing home and make sure she is settled. Thanks for the help and info.

Thanks to u both, I down loaded the Mopar catalog and ordered the service manual. Thanks for the help and info

Auto Transport Service
Back