• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wish there was a way to get all the history of my car

bigmanjbmopar

Newb with a view
Local time
3:42 PM
Reaction score
Taking a page out of the GYC's book of trying to find out where it came from and where it's been, I find I am missing the first 17 years of my cars history. Wish there was an easier way to get the info.

I know my car came from the LA plant. Think it was sold locally here or at least near where I am. got info on the 2nd and 3rd owners via the saved receipts the 2nd owner passed on to the 3rd etc. but could only go back as far as 1986. Still don't have the full story of the car, why it was repainted by earl schib etc (yuk) or why it had a 68 bumper on it, or why was the interior changed from saddle tan to black? What happened to the original seats? or at least the front buckets.

Why did he need to install a Mark Williams 83-1031 INSTALL KIT for the 489 rear end? what happened to it? Magnum force racing installed it for him by the way. Looking at old service tags looks as if the first owner passed on an electrical problem to the 2nd owner as the 2nd guy has it in a shop where he says when he turns on the lights the fuel gauges pegs full. they never fixed by the way, I fixed the burnt solder trace on the clusters circuit board lol most likely the amp gauge fried.

Why was the car painted? uncovering some of the original it didn't look that bad, and even faded is still better than painting over it. Must have wrecked rear ended? took the insurance money and got a cheap paint job and some junk yard parts?

So many questions, the 3rd owner only had it for 3 years and he didn't seem to know much other than the typical "that's how I got it" see him on Facebook now showing off an old Audi.... lol

Was thinking about trying to get a hold of the 2nd owner to see if he is willing to talk about it. seems he is only 60 now and may still be alive. Brother in Pleasant Hill, Ca. maybe. Should I? would you answer a call about an old car you had? I know I would love to tell some one about an old car of mine. what do you guys think?

Hells yeah JB, go for it!! if it was me, i would love to wax nostalgic bout an old car i had.

i would love to learn more about my car, i just dont know where to start. the PO didnt have much if any info on it, just that it came from New Mexico.

Do you have the names of the old owners, what's the guys name in Pleasant Hill ??, me &/or Meeps, are from that area, we both knew/know a bunch of people in that area & also Concord, Walnut Creek, Pleasant Hill, Pacheco, Martinez, Lafayette, Alamo, Danville, Orinda, Moraga, Pittsburg, Antioch, Oakley, Brentwood, Clayton, among many other East Bay towns for me too, I might know the old owners or "know of them" maybe... I'm 54 y/o, I knew allot of the older Mopar guys, that would be about 60 y/o now...

I believe the second owner was a guy named Donald Beaudoin have receipts for him in SF and Pleasent Hill. Lived in the gregory gardens neighborhood. Seems like he was there around 1992 - 2005? Sf and Hayward receipts back in 1986&7

Do you have the names of the old owners, what's the guys name in Pleasant Hill ??, me &/or Meeps, are from that area, we both knew/know a bunch of people in that area & also Concord, Walnut Creek, Pleasant Hill, Pacheco, Martinez, Lafayette, Alamo, Danville, Orinda, Moraga, Pittsburg, Antioch, Oakley, Brentwood, Clayton, among many other East Bay towns for me too, I might know the old owners or "know of them" maybe... I'm 54 y/o, I knew allot of the older Mopar guys, that would be about 60 y/o now...

Name doesn't sound familiar to me, left Concord {Turtle Creek & Oakhurst Community/Clayton} in 1997, lived in Gregory Gardens in 1992 thou... Know the Hayward area pretty good too... don't remember the name... do you have any old photos, there was a dirt bag/section 8/low life guy, who worked down the street from my office in Hayward on Main St., with a faded red 69 RR, car sounded like crap, never ran right, he also lived in Gregory Gardens, IIRC his name was Mark... sorry that doesn't help much, maybe Meeps might know the guy/name...

Auto Transport Service
Back