• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND WTB...66 or 67 dash frame(Detroit Area)

Status
Not open for further replies.

What’s up dock

Local time
4:53 PM
Reaction score
I'm looking for a 66/67 dash frame. It doesn't matter if its ac or non-ac. Stripped is fine. Something in the north Detroit area would be great.

May want to be more specific on which dash you want.

They are not the same in the steering column area 66-67. And they mount to the car differently.

Dodge and Plymouth are very different in the center, instrument clusters won’t interchange.

Then AC or non AC? They have cut outs for center dash vents.

Thanks for the replys.
No, haven't found one close yet, but I just posted this today.
R13, thanks for the heads-up on mounting differences. I assumed they would physically bolt into the car the same.
To sum up what I'm doing, I'm installing a Holley 12.3 digital dash into a 67 charger. My thought was to save the original dash and gauges, and I'd just start fresh. Since the charger gauges bulge out away from the dash frame, it doesn't allow for enough room between the dash pad and column. Doesn't fit with the gauges removed either. I need to countersink the new cluster in. Since the charger dash frame has the scallops for the round gauges, I figured it would be easier to just start with another frame, and the shape of the other b-body IP's seem like a better starting point.
As far A/C, I do have vintage air going in. It didn't matter to me, since most of the vents just bolt onto the bottom anyway. I'm also going to use a different style a/c controls, so the factory style doesn't apply for this build either. Since this is a gen 3 hemi swap, I've decided to make the dash and controls a bit more modern.

May want to be more specific on which dash you want.

They are not the same in the steering column area 66-67. And they mount to the car differently.
R413 what is different about how they mount? In the steering column brace area?

Plymouth instrument cluster is totally different shape.

Coronet is almost the same as Charger but I think the cluster mounts different.

I have one from a Dodge Coronet here in North Carolina. I think it’s a 66. It was a non air car. Great shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back