• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB WTB a forged 340 Crank in Central California

Status
Not open for further replies.

1 Wild R/T

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:29 AM
Reaction score
I'm looking for a forged 340 crank preferably in the Central California area so I can pick it up.... PM me here if you can help... Thanks!

You didn't reach out to me first?
I owe you, man....YOU have always stepped up to help me out when I have a build thread going on here.

Greg, Thank you.. I didn't expect you to have one... 340 stuff is getting hard to come by....

It is. I suspect that there are parts stashes all over yet to be discovered.
I have 3 LA cranks. I'll need your help identifying them. I can't tell the difference between 273-318-340 cranks. Forged cranks have no numbers on them, right?

Kern, a 340 crank will have the front and rear journal drilled through. Also the rear flange will have a notch in it so the rear journal can be drilled through. Also forged has the wide parting line. Kim

The "318" crank I have looks forged to me.
I didn't notice if the journals were drilled. I'm in for the night but will try to have an answer by noon tomorrow. I have a couple early appointments to deal with.
(Non sexual)

318 forged won’t have the journals drilled. But a 340 cast and a 318 hd cast crank will. Also don’t use a 318 forged crank in a 340 unless u r using super light pistons and then u may need some malory metal to balance the assambly. Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back