• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Rear Bumperfor 66

Charger66

Local time
3:29 AM
Reaction score
Looking for a rear bumper for my 66 charger. Minor dings are okay, but must look good for a driver.

How different are they from 66/67 coronets? I may have looked by time you reply, but wont go to where they are till Monday to see for myself...............:)

Because of the different tail lens assembly, 1st gen Chargers have reverse lights built into the bumpers. That's the difference from same year Coronets.

The rear bumper from a '67 Coronet will work on a Charger. '67 Coronets are the only ones that have the reverse lights in the bumper. '66 Coronet reverse lamps are in the trunk.

I need one too. Have one on my parts car but the chrome is peeled off one half. Thought about stripping it down and painting it something close to chrome.

My rear bumper.

IMG_0808.jpg

The rear bumper from a '67 Coronet will work on a Charger. '67 Coronets are the only ones that have the reverse lights in the bumper. '66 Coronet reverse lamps are in the trunk.
X2 the 67 coronet has many common parts to the 66 charger.... front and rear

Yeah odd isn't it. 66 Coronet is the same as Charger, and 67 rear same. 67 Coronet front had parking lamps and 66 rear had NO reverse lamps. I've seen a couple guys use the 67 front and put fog lamps in the park lamp spots.

I also need a bumper for my 67 Coronet. Mine has a small rust hole and peeling chrome. I also have a 66 bumper instead...

I have not found a good place to get one especially at a decent price.

Auto Transport Service
Back