• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Years with same parts- coronet

1979atariguy

Local time
11:24 AM
Reaction score
Hi, I have a question about parts that will work on different models/ years in the mid 60's. Did parts generally differ at all between 1965 and 1969 coronet? And did they differ between the different models, ex base coronet, deluxe, 440, etc? And if they did, how about things like bumpers...If I put a '67 bumper on a '65 would it be 'right'?
...And what are easy ways to tell the difference between the different years/ models by looking at them instead of fender tags?
Thanks

65 is different than 66. 66 and 67 are close. 68 and 69 are close. But there were things that changed from 66 to 67, and from 68 to 69. I don't think a 67 bumper would work on a 65 at all

Hey- thanks, what would be the easiest way to get the year and model ( deluxe vs 440, etc) on a coronet?

WP is 500, WH is 440, WS is R/T, WM is Super Bee. I assume WL is Deluxe and WE is base.

(IIRC)....'65 VIN is different...

The prevous poster is correct- major restyling between '65/'66 and '67/'68.
"Facelifts" between '66/'67 and '68/'69/'70.

'64/'65 was also a facelift. Look at the C pillar and rear wheel opening.

Basically the "unibody" is the same for all B bodys including Charger from '64-'70, so the cowl and the floor are the same. Basic door dimensions are the same so cranks door panels and arm rests should work. (might not be true of '64/'65) Other stuff like quarter panels change quite a bit.

I have seen a '66 Charger grille in a '65. Looked bizarre but kind of cool. I was not aware of that possibility.

Auto Transport Service
Back