• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

“Bullitt,” and one of the most famous car chase scenes ever filmed, turns 45

Ford Mustang found in Mexican junkyard is from 'Bullitt,' expert confirms | Fox
The car was discovered last year in Baja California Sur by Hugo Sanchez, rotting away no drivetrain. Legend had it that the film's primary stunt car had been sent to the junkyard shortly after filming was complete.

Sanchez brought it to a Mexicali custom car shop owned by his friend, Ralph Garcia, Jr., to have it turned into a clone of the similarly-famous “Eleanor” Mustang from the film “Gone in 60 Seconds,
uyjh.JPG

16903254_10210024443141675_5915153709687435504_o.jpg

When I clicked on the you tube prelude to the chase video,I noticed something I didn't notice the last 100 times I watched the movie. When Steve drives the Mustang around the center island and goes up the hill,when they go back to the shot of Bill driving the Charger preparing to go around the island and follow the stang up the hill,you can see the black tapered shift handle of the 4 speed inland shifter in that shot! I never noticed that before! Cool!

That white car on the right of that picture was the car that was hit by the Charger, it was not supposed to happen and was not planned. They kept the shot in the film anyway.

That white car on the right of that picture was the car that was hit by the Charger, it was not supposed to happen and was not planned. They kept the shot in the film anyway.
It probably damaged the camera as well during the hit. :D

Love that chase scene,
double clutching, them 13-15 speed transmissions & all 7 hubcaps
too bad the Charger was the one that got blown up :lol:
it doesn't pay or work out well to be a 68-70 Charger in movies/TV :BangHead:

Love that chase scene,
double clutching, them 13-15 speed transmissions & all 7 hubcaps
too bad the Charger was the one that got blown up :lol:
it doesn't pay or work out well to be a 68-70 Charger in movies/TV :BangHead:
How about the gear changing with both hands on the steering wheel? :lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back