• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

“Bullitt,” and one of the most famous car chase scenes ever filmed, turns 45

It's hard to say, but I wonder if it could be a heavy coiled power cord of some type. But who knows.
DH2s_GvV0AAFcDf.jpg

92239e189f1d42595a07f63d26ca7679.jpg

What do you suppose that stripe thingy is underneath in front of the rear wheel?
Looking at the other pictures, it is the tire of the truck behind it. What you are seeing is the "corrugated" edge of the tread.

I changed my Avatar a while back, and that is my absolute favorite scene when Hickman buckles the seat belt!
To this day when I do that in the Roadrunner, the Mrs. panics and says grow up!!
Never!
I take a lot of rides by myself now.

:lol:

Looking at the other pictures, it is the tire of the truck behind it. What you are seeing is the "corrugated" edge of the tread.
I was guilty of tunnel vision on that question!

I changed my Avatar a while back, and that is my absolute favorite scene when Hickman buckles the seat belt!
To this day when I do that in the Roadrunner, the Mrs. panics and says grow up!!
Never!
I take a lot of rides by myself now.

:lol:
Every time I buckle up in my Satellite I think of that scene!

Auto Transport Service
Back