• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

0ne owner 1967 GTX restoration

Put the carpet in today. The car still has the Inland shifter. The pile of parts is getting smaller and smaller! Down to just a few baggies of small stuff.

Attachments

• gtx1-3-11.jpg
    gtx1-3-11.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 738
NICE, NICE! Man that car has come a long way! I had fun working on it and I'm glad I could help bring it back to life. I always love seeing an old Mopar brought back to life after sitting for so long! Great work Gerard!

Justin
"CornDog"

NICE, NICE! Man that car has come a long way! I had fun working on it and I'm glad I could help bring it back to life. I always love seeing an old Mopar brought back to life after sitting for so long! Great work Gerard!

Justin
"CornDog"

Could not have done it without you. I really appreciate all the work you did on the GTX and how well it all looks.

Little more progress. Ordered the P6K Copper interior paint from Herbs Parts and it was PERFECT! Got the drivers door almost completed.

Attachments

• gtxintdoor.jpg
    gtxintdoor.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 703
Thanks RR man. Just for fun I glued on my "aged" window sticker that I re-created. I have the original but it was damaged when I took it off the car.

Attachments

• gtxstkaged.jpg
    gtxstkaged.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 673
  • sticker.jpg
    sticker.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 707
was that paint you ordered from herb's in a spray can?if so i was kinda wondering how good it did.

It was a spray can and it worked great. It is a matt finish and it said that it can be used on vinyl, plastics or fiberglass. I used it on the upper and lower inside of the doors and also on the door panels and arm rests. It really went a long way, one can did all that you see in the pictures.

Lots of B body's at this place.

Attachments

• dannyfrank1.jpg
    dannyfrank1.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 661
Last edited:
those look like three different cars.what a transformation.hell of a job!!

those look like three different cars.what a transformation.hell of a job!!

Thanks. I had lots of help with the body, paint and drive train. This where the work was done in Ridgeland MS. The owner of the shop has two Superbirds both of them restored at the shop. The guy in the middle, Justin, is the metal and body expert. They do fantastic work! This is from the 2011 Spies Hecker automotive finishes calendar.

Attachments

• supeerbirdspies.jpg
    supeerbirdspies.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 661
The seat skins came in from Legendary Interiors yesterday and are being installed. The instrument cluster and glove box door are at Auto Instruments in VA. I expect to have them back any time now. I will post some before, during and after pictures on the seats.

Just put the seats in and still have to paint and install the seat backs.

Attachments

• gtx2-10-11front.jpg
    gtx2-10-11front.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 615
  • gtx2-10-11rear.jpg
    gtx2-10-11rear.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 621
Outstanding thread! Great to see you taking the time to do up your brothers car like it should be done! Keep up the good work.
Matt

Interior is complete. Just waiting for the instruments and glove box door.

Attachments

• 2-12-11gtx1.jpg
    2-12-11gtx1.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 596
Wow, I like that car. I've always liked a 4 speed buddy seat car.

Was the car sent out to be blasted or did the body guy strip it by hand?

And what paint did you use and how did you approach the red striping on the tail panel?

Do you remember what it ran way back in stock trim?

Last edited:
Wow, I like that car. I've always liked a 4 speed buddy seat car.

Was the car sent out to be blasted or did the body guy strip it by hand?

And what paint did you use and how did you approach the red striping on the tail panel?

Do you remember what it ran way back in stock trim?

The body was soda blasted at the shop, I did the fenders, doors, hood and deck with paint stripper. On the tail panel I used a dark maroon paint that I found for plastics. It looks more correct than a brite red, I sprayed it and then wiped it off the ribs. It matched the red on the taillight bezels almost perfect.
The body was shot with Spies Hecker.
I guess it ran some low to mid 14's. It was only on the dragstrip once, raced on the street almost daily. The car never had any engine modifications, not even headers.

Auto Transport Service
Back