• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Roadrunner Broadcast Sheet - Fender Tag

asaya

Local time
2:55 AM
Reaction score
my 69 RR is a numbers matching engine/tran etc car. I believe the car was involved in an accident and the driver side fender was replaced. I also think the car was not delivered with air grabber package but now has air grabber probably as a result of the same accident. I found the broadcast sheet under the seat big question is can I get a fender tag reproduced from the data on the broadcast sheet? If so any vendors that you would recommend.

Many thanks for any info you can provide

This place will do Mopar fender tags and they're nice and cheaper then some others but you must understand that there's some info on the tag that isn't on the build sheet. What you will have is a not completely accurate reproduction of the original and should always disclose that the tag is basically an ornamental reproduction made from the build sheet. They do look like the originals.

http://www.martiauto.com/

Yes, Marti is typically a ford route. http://www.datatags.com/ is a location that is referenced a lot on MOPAR boards. Typically you will be able to get very close to the same information on the Fender tag.

Many thanks for any info you can provide

If it is a Lynch Road built car, you will not be able to accurately reproduce a tag as there is information on the tag that is not on the BS.

What was coded, when it was coded and even where it was coded on the tag could change during the year. Most tag reproduction people do not care about these nuances leading to bad tags.

The chances of having an accurately made tag are actually pretty slim. Many people have paid good money only to have a vendor provide an inaccurate and poorly reproduced part.

Would you pay $200 for a part you knew was wrong for your car?

Cars with bad tags tend to be 'tainted'.

It is generally better to have no tag than an incorrectly made reproduction unless you substitute something on the tag like 'REMADE' in place of the VON.

Or, if you HAVE to have a tag, get one from a cop car or something that will really play with people's minds when they try and decode it. Sit back, watch and laugh at the numbers crunchers.

I have heard of Data Tags - Thanks

I believe it is a Lynch Rd Car, I no the analogy GIGO Garbage In Garbage Out, might be just leave what I have alone. The Broadcast sheet I have is quite fragile and not very easy to read. Not planning on selling it so what the diff I guess

Thanks for your help

Marti charged me $100 and that was paying an extra $25 to rush the order. Next time I open the hood I'll take a pick and post it up. It is an ornamental piece and the receipt for it will go with the car when sold.

Auto Transport Service
Back