• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reproduction Broadcast Sheet and Paperwork

1969VAGTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:53 AM
Reaction score
Wondering if there is a place that you can buy reproduction copies of the broadcast sheet, or any other documentation, for a classic car you own just based off of providing the VIN or fender tag? I wasn't able to get the previous owner of my car to find any of that paperwork, and I am not interested in pulling the seats out to see if there is a broadcast sheet stuck in them. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

There’s info on the sheet that your trim/fender tag will not be able to provide and needed to make a sheet.

Just take out rear seat and seat back. OR get a $50 remote endoscope camera with light and look under and up seat w/o taking seat out.

No effort
No reward

Last edited:
Apparently, based on recent auctions, someone is out there doing it!

Seriously... grab a phillips and take out two screws to take the back off of your drivers side seat if you have buckets. Grab a light and a mirror and look under a bench seat. Back seat bottom takes 5 minutes to pop out enough to look under...

Isn't that much work to look under seats. More trouble looking for repo sheets.

Wondering if there is a place that you can buy reproduction copies of the broadcast sheet, or any other documentation, for a classic car you own just based off of providing the VIN or fender tag?
No

Meant look under carpet under front seats, both passengers and drivers. Found one of under drivers side seat under carpet.

If it's the broadcast sheet you desire, I'm baffled why you wouldn't make the effort to locate the one and only possibly in the car ?

If it's the broadcast sheet you desire, I'm baffled why you wouldn't make the effort to locate the one and only possibly in the car ?
Laziness I suspect. But I will make the effort. Seems everyone has offered up the most likely possibilities. My old A-body had the build sheet under the rear seat.

Laziness I suspect. But I will make the effort. Seems everyone has offered up the most likely possibilities. My old A-body had the build sheet under the rear seat.
Just wait till you get older, like me... you'll get lazier. :lol: Seriously, though, yeah look under the rear seat and behind the glove box, both easy places to start. Good luck !

Auto Transport Service
Back